Author Thread: Giving Up
simple63

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 05:49 AM

What do you do when the odds are against you.

You have struggled all of your life and now you feel you are on the verge of losing it all. You have always tried to do right by God but you feel like Job in the old testament.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 05:45 PM

Wow do I ever know what that feels like!! I have lost it all - worldly things, that is, and I found out that God really is the provider. (This was 20 years ago, so I won't go into details about how I lost everything, it's not important, but I had NOTHING.)

I realized through this that "things" can be replaced. They really are just things. I tell people that if my house were to catch fire today, as long as my kids were safe, I'd grab some lawn chairs, sticks and marshmallows and watch it burn. Things don't matter. People do. I also learned to never put ANYTHING above God. Most people would tell you that God is first in their life - sometimes the only way to tell if that's true is to see their reaction when their new Harley gets stolen or their three-year-old accidentally breaks a window.

I know it can be scary to be in a situation you feel you have no control over - but in reality, we aren't the ones in control in the first place, are we?

I look back over times in my life that I didn't know what to do - I was scared because I didn't know what would happen. But looking back now and seeing how God has protected me, sometimes by taking things away, I find I'm more able to trust Him each time I face difficulty in life. I've found that when I don't see a way out, the "way out" is usually in a way I couldn't have imagined, with results I would have never dreamed of. God will do what He needs to do to set you on the path He wants you on....and you will eventually find it's the perfect path.

Just sit back and watch Him work!!

lifethatwins

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 06:12 PM

i never had anything for at least 35 years, i can relate. but its just things, I havent got to the place where i have counted all things as dung for the excellency of knowing him, Though Ive been promised, to be free from such things. Im waiting on him,until that day

simple63

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 05:48 AM

Thank you that is what I needed to hear!!:applause::angel::angel:

God bless you

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 21 Apr, 2009 12:05 PM

HI! u have to learn how to work Gods work for urself, so the word can work for u! i'm learning how to get my prays answered. i have to obey His word to the fullest. i have to have faith, hope,except,believe so u can receive, U MOST PRAY HIS WORD BACK TO HIM! a lot of time u have to stand. u also have to have child like faith. U MOST TAKE AUTHORITY AS A BELIEVER! anything u need is in that bible. u just have to go in and search for it. ask the Holy Spirit where it is and he will show u! work the word so the word can work for u! God bless!:prayingf:

cedarwoody

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 08:35 AM

To simple 63, don't know what your situation is, but I've got to tell you, I've been there, expereinced that! And it certainly feels like right now I'm about to experience it again. One thing that I've been shown recently is a new perspective on following Christ and putting him first in my life. Just following at times is not enough, as I've experienced, sometimes we're "blindfolded" in the way we attempt to follow, sometines we have our eyes open and it's still difficult, distractions, human failures or other things can lead to failures or mistakes. Last year I experienced a message that really gave me new hope and drew me closer than ever to Jesus and following him. If you're having a tough time, deciphering what's going on around you, the everpresent why's that sometimes are imposible for us to understand, the "invitation" and suggestion was made through the message I heard was to simply put your hand in his! Let him lead! Walking and talking and experiencing the presence of Jesus in your life as you're hand in hand has been an amazing experience for me. Much the same as holding a childs hand and walking them through life. From my side, the comfort I feel in not only walking with him but him actually holding my hand in his and leading me through the good and the bad in life is beyond what I ever would have imagined. And such a simple but life changing premise. I've found that through good times and bad, tough times especially, a decision to hold onto Him as tighly as I can, and just simply that, makes His presence and his influence and comfort in my life so much more real that I guess my reaction has to be one of DUH! why didn't I think of that. The fact is, that we just don't, and all the theology in the wold won't give you the comfort that this simple act will do. Just relating a life changing event and concept that occured in my life, that may help others in thier walk and searching, through life's struggles. God bless you in your walk!

Julia

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 29 Apr, 2009 04:57 AM

:angel: Amen cedar you got it! So glad for you. :party:

simple63

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 29 Apr, 2009 05:52 AM

Amen thanks for telling me what God wanted me to hear, that his is my Sheperd no matter what.

Amen and may God bless you

simple63

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 29 Apr, 2009 05:53 AM

Thank I needed to hear that I will pray the word only

prolife1

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 2 May, 2009 09:12 AM

Wow..can't tell you how many times I've felt this way.

I have enough adversity, and junk that I should write a book about it.

One thing I have learned tho' is : no matter how many times we walk away from God...He NEVER leaves us. He is always there to pick us up, dust us off, and HELP us again.

Nothing in life is easy. We can either put on is armour, stand up for our faith, and belief in Him, or sucumb to enemy by saying.."I give up". Satan loves hearing that, cause it opens the door for him to tempt you into making you think things are better, only ot realize the superficial mask he really wears is nothing but Lies, Doubt, Frustrations, Fear, Pain, Depression...need I go hon????

God loves you..he did b4 you were born. You are unique, special...one of a kind ...His child. When all others have forsaken you....He is right there beside you..wanting to hug you, and wanting you to lean on his shoulder, and cry out his name:)

Dont give up....thats admitting failure. God does not fail...nor does He fail you. We fail him.

Praying for you...knowing who God truly is.

Love/Prayers...Pro'Life

simple63

View Profile
History
Giving Up
Posted : 2 May, 2009 10:10 AM

:applause::applause::applause::angel::angel:Amen please contiune to pray for me:angel:

Page : 1 2