Author Thread: abc nightline faceoff: does satan exist?
Admin

abc nightline faceoff: does satan exist?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2009 01:26 PM

I viewed abc's faceoff last month with deepak chopra, mark driscoll (oh yeah), Annie (leader of Hookers for Jesus) and one other guy.

Debate over this existence of satan/evil etc. Very interesting. I have the biblical view (mark driscolls's stance) of the topic of course, You can go to abc's website and watch it. just wondered if anyone else has seen it and what you thought.

I would really really love to hear from some Christian Indian guys, take on deepak chopra's views. Having watched the debate how would you approach presenting the gospel to one with his view of evil/satan.

Ie. his view is that evil is a mythical creation, each person has a good/bad, hot/cold aspect, we all have bad but we're essentially our own saviour. That Belief in a God or truth is just a cover for insecurity.

jeshurun777

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2009 09:04 PM

Well Sister Aleithia didn't watch abc nightline faceoff:does satan exist?

I Believe satan does exist.many christians are unaware of this and most of th time they forget this issue but the believers are to be aware of satan and schemes.Satan is a real entity and Bible clearly explains about his nature and existence.This following passage will be informative on satan.

Real devil is satan is a fallen angel who revolted against the rulership of God in etrnity past.His given name is Lucifer and he presently has command authority over those angels who joned him in his revolt.He is also called the Devil and those fallen angels who followed him are called demons his domain includes planet earth and encompasses within its jurisdiction all humans who have not accepted Christ as savior.Consequently,those who are not believers in christ are emmissaries for satan.(Isa 14:12-15;Ezk 28:12-17;I Tim 4:1;Matt 4:1-11;Lk 4:1-13;Jn 12:31;14:31;16:11;2Cor 4:4;Eph 2:2;1John 5:19;Rev 13:2;2Cor 11:13-15).

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2009 10:58 PM

I know satan exists, all of scripture genesis to exodus shows that. :) The title of the show was a debate over his existence.

Just found it interesting the exchange back and forth between the evangelical christian mark driscoll and deepok chopra. I had heard of deepok before but didn't know much about him.

he comes across as one the bible talks about as being "right in his own eyes." yet his own knowledge condemns him. I wonder if or is it possible for someone in his position to come to a saving knowledge of christ. Sure, it's probable of course but it may take much time, prayer etc perhaps.