Author Thread: Being a single parent gets harder
TearsofthePhoenix

View Profile
History
Being a single parent gets harder
Posted : 28 Jan, 2015 05:53 PM

I raised my first kids as a single mom for 7+ years. I am finding it far more difficult this time around, then again this set of children are younger and there are three not just two as before. Its so difficult to see their hearts broken by their dad. Its difficult for me to be mom and dad to them. I am only one person and God created children to be raised by two parents and an extended family.

lizamari58

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2015 09:11 AM

I raised 3 daughters all alone as a single Mom. Just shower them with love and they will never feel lacking of anything. Raise your children well, teach the word of God, humility, sacrifices, hard word and gratitude. The reward ,no matter how long it takes - is awesome.

puertorricanprincess

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2015 12:05 PM

To the mom that has the 17 year old daughter my advice is to do something with that that she might enjoy doing, for example when my sons were smaller I would rent movies, throw a blanket on the living room floor, make popcorn on the microwave and enjoy a movie with them. Sometimes we would talk about the movie we had seen and other times we would all three of us fall asleep but, that was our quality time together. My youngest son is 19 and he still remember those moments together. Blessing! and good luck in your journey with your daughter.:bouncy:

Princecenk25

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2015 12:45 PM

How are you? you look nice

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2016 09:17 AM

New single dad here. My situation isn't nearly as difficult as some of you. I'm very thankful that my oldest daughter is married and is able to watch over my two teens sometimes. She was actually like a mother to my youngest daughter, so they already have that kind of relationship.

My heart goes out to you younger single mothers though. My father abandoned me and my mother, and I remember how devastated she was and how much pain it put me through. I swore I would never abandon my children like that, and I haven't.

Lord, I pray that you watch over these women. Bless them Father with peace, with Godly men in their churches who will step up and be Godly examples for their sons, with Godly women who will step in and take some of the burden from them, and most of all, bless them with your Holy Spirit Who is their Great Comforter, their ever-present hope in time of need. Praise your name Lord, and we thank You in Jesus' holy Name. Amen.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2017 03:57 AM

I was left a widow with two boys. Life was hard in the first days when I had to adjust my new life with two kids. At first I decided not to involve myself with any other man for a year concentrating on my new life and giving love to my kids. Through prayers, at the end of the first year I realized Jesus was the best friend. This is the 6th year since my husband passed on. God is so good to me. I am managing well with my kids. I have no problem with lust of the flesh. I always pray that it be unto God's will not mine. I have faith God is showing me the right way to go. I thank Him so much for the two precious gifts of children. My friends lets pray for spirit of wisdom and revelation so that we know Him better. Surely He will lead us all the way with no problems of the world. Be reminded that the devil came to steal, destroy and kill. Choose your way wisely.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2017 02:41 AM

Once you are a single parent dont resist your situation. Be positive. Hope in the Lord and you will get strength, you will soar wings like an eagle, you will run and wont grow weary and you will walk and will not faint. Glory be to God.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2017 02:50 AM

Being single parent or not is all good. It only depents on how we look at it. Always be positive, prayerful and be reminded that each one of us has holy spirit who reports each of our actions to our Lord all the time. Stop intertaining the devil. Its high time we declare what is ours. Dont waste time counting misfutunes. What is gone is gone. God has a purpose for making us live for those children today. Lets celebrate worship and pray for divine blessing. God will give us a break through. Allelluah

Page : 1 2