Author Thread: Being a single parent gets harder
TearsofthePhoenix

View Profile
History
Being a single parent gets harder
Posted : 28 Jan, 2015 05:53 PM

I raised my first kids as a single mom for 7+ years. I am finding it far more difficult this time around, then again this set of children are younger and there are three not just two as before. Its so difficult to see their hearts broken by their dad. Its difficult for me to be mom and dad to them. I am only one person and God created children to be raised by two parents and an extended family.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2015 09:34 PM

I agree that raising kids is supposed to be a 2-person job. I'm 6 months into single fatherhood of my 5. The load is heavy!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2015 08:35 PM

I'm a single parent also with just one child, a teen. The financial burden, the stress of not knowing the best way to handle a situation, coupled with me doing everything by myself such as being a taxi driver a lot sometimes is overwhelming.

loveall83

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2015 12:35 AM

I agree its very hard! But we will meet someone eventually! We just need to be strong and Jesus will help us! http://www.wowdate.co.uk/

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2015 12:29 PM

I been a single mom for 12 long years. As my son goes into preteen years a cringe at times. But if it hadn't been for the Love of God I don't know where I be. I'm a born again Christian for 9 of the 12 yrs. Its been ups and downs. I pray as I go. I guess that's all I can do is depend on God and trust He has my back.:angel:

teenie75

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2015 01:02 PM

Bless you for going through this a second time. I pray you find joy in the journey.

I was abandoned with 3 kids aged 4 and under, and for a while it was tough. 10 years later and I'm still here, but I have to be honest, I love it!

Sure sometimes there are challenges, and I am forever exhausted, but I love the close bond we have, and love watching their personalities develop as they become who they are supposed to be. There is joy to be found in the challenges, and it's all a massive adventure that I wouldn't swap for anything. Through it we've seen the grace of God go before us many times and in many ways.

Stay strong single parents! God knows, and He's got you and your precious children close to His heart.

Rin37

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2015 10:57 AM

I know the feeling, it can be tough, my daughters 17 and it certainly been difficult at times on my own and I find the discipline especially at her age now rather difficult!

Any suggestions ? taking stuff without asking, and not telling truth.

Help appreciated! :glow:

Sugar_and_Spice

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2015 10:40 PM

Sure is! I have been a single mom to my son for 12 years and still is. It is financially getting harder. Now that he is a few months shy of being a teenager and I know he needs a father figure and I cannot give it to him. I remember when he was younger, he would piggy back ride on my back. I would let him ride on my shoulders like dads do to their kids. I wanted him to experience these things too even if he doesn't have a daddy.

Airly

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2015 10:54 PM

I've been single mom over 10 years. Divorce is always hard, because child love both pearents.And want them to be together. In this time is very important your relationship with a child. To make sure child dont think its her\his fault, or to think dad\mom love child less.

Make everything possible that other pearent saw child, of course if there were no abuse towards child etc.

Dont be afraid to talk with your child about that. Sure do it smart. And be gentle to the child feelings.Child must not see your histerical or depressed, or lost. Child must be sure you are able to protect him.Be a best friends with your children, be a team, never scare them by yell etc. If you do- say sorry and never do again

Its your responsibility to rase them healthy and happy and self-confident.

Child love you, and will always support, and you must do same with respect.

If child do not listen to you, or do something wrong, believe me, bit tears in your eyes will do more then any yell, because they inside know they do wrong.

And absolutely stupid to deprive your child dinner, or send them to room, or deprive phone etc. Its only will make child feel hurt, and instead to think about his mistake, child will think about how this action hurt his feelings, and they will only do is self-pity, not feeling sorry about they behavour. Communicate with your child as much you can, make them laugh, care and love them, and you will have stron family and much less problems :)

Merchdda

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2015 02:34 AM

I agree too, being a single parent can be hard going at times. But I suppose its better for the children to have one good parent that two that argue all the time. Peace is important too and I value that in our household since the split. Do you attend mother and toddler groups etc> I used to attend two or three when mine were little just for the company.

lizamari58

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2015 09:07 AM

Been a single parent for 3 daughters 9,4 and a newborn 25 years ago. Words wouldn't be enough to describe the challenges but here we now are rewarded for overcoming all the trials. My daughters are all professionals , one is happily married , the other two will settle soon. I can only smile and be thankful and grateful to God for being there for us -for the sustenance, for the courage and strength. God will never forsake us.

Page : 1 2