Author Thread: Number one priority
Admin

Number one priority
Posted : 14 Apr, 2016 05:37 AM

I have a question I do not think will be well received by some. I have children and gladly serve all their needs as best as I am able. I care for children as a professional. I'm not sure there is anyone more committed to children in general.

I have read in a number of profiles where women say their children are their "number one priority." I can't help but wonder where God and your husband fall on that list? When I read that statement, I feel a strong reluctance to reach out for contact.

I want to be a woman's second priority after God. Am I wrong? Please be nice.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 16 Apr, 2016 05:46 AM

But it is not Biblical point of view. Kids can be only number 2 even if woman has no husband. 1st place is always for God. 2nd for husband. And only 3rd is for kids.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 16 Apr, 2016 09:41 AM

That is what I thought too and I have read in many profiles about children being the number one priority. Loving children is very important. After a time they grow up, learn to be their own person and serve God as they child should. When they no longer need you, and should no longer need you, your husband is there and he should want and need you.

When your husband and children are gone, God always wants us to be with Him and to serve His children.

Smiles4ever

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 3 Aug, 2016 10:39 AM

I think you need to listen to what the woman is actually saying instead of the words she uses. She isn't saying that God or possible future husband come behind her kids. If she is on here looking to date, she is saying that providing for and protecting her kids are her priority over dating a guy. To a single mom, her kids come before her needs. That does not mean they come before God.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 6 Aug, 2016 12:19 PM

Ahhhhh, is it just me or should we at the very least attempt to use words that actually correspond with what we actually think, feel and hope to communicate....?

Granted, I don't know the exact context; however the statement "listen to what she is saying not the words she is using" is a slippery slope at best when taken at face value.

Smiles4ever

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 6 Aug, 2016 12:57 PM

No its not a slippery slope. If you are accusing the woman of saying she hates God or her kids are more important than God because she says her kids are her number one priority, you are adding to what she said and making an accusation. What did the woman mean? She meant her kids are the most important responsibility. She is single and needs to provide for them. She must parent them. Of course God is the priority. If she is a poor mother, she is disobeying him. Use some common sense please.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 8 Sep, 2016 12:52 AM

I agree with the othed contributers I think that you have to take what was written on the profile in context, this is a dating site and she is laying her cards on the table.

mavisrusty

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 04:03 PM

Hello,how are you

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 31 Jan, 2017 03:26 AM

i think we have to look at this in a non black and white way, the first thing i think of is that she probably is talking about on earth, and God goes without saying because He is the obvious first priority. But talking about who come sfirst husbands or children, i think it's immature and selfish for a husband to play the "i come first" card, the FAMILY comes first before individual members, if a husband feels like he has to compete with his children for his wife's attention, that is childish to me. take the whole family out and just radiate love to all members... it's not about self, its about loving without expecting in return. nobody is suppoused to be first or before anyone in a family, everyone is just as important as everyonelse but in different ways and everyone is valued the same.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 31 Jan, 2017 03:29 AM

nope, people are not perfect, you have to be flexible and understanding, not jump to conclusions.

View Profile
History
Number one priority
Posted : 7 Nov, 2017 09:52 AM

Yeah God should be first.. Then husband if any.. And children? Btw a woman should prioritize herself where? 2nd 3rd or 4th? Coz she needs to love herself also.. Right? If a profile seems unclear.. Better ask that person than drawing out conclusions.. Coz if u ask me about someone's profile, u might not get an accurate answer coz i didnt write it.. xP