Author Thread: Most conservative state and most conservative country?
FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Most conservative state and most conservative country?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2016 12:21 AM

Can anyone tell me what state and country are the most conservative?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2016 05:12 AM

I would guess the country is the United States, and the states that are most conservative are the Southern states like Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina.

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2016 02:01 PM

thanks

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2016 07:56 PM

There are different ways to define conservative. Let me give this example. I once read that the MPAA, which decides ratings for movies, sometimes has trouble deciding on ratings because of regional differences. In the South, profanity was least acceptable; in the Midwest, it was sex; in the East, it was violence.

People think of the South as being conservative, but I was talking to someone who grew up in Georgia and felt that people in Ohio were too uptight about things, too conservative. So it's not quite so simple.

Though the South is widely seen as being conservative, I would like to add one Midwest state: Indiana. It seems to be considerably more conservative than the states surrounding it...according to my definition of conservative. ;-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 12:08 PM

I'm in TN and it's very conservative. I think any state or country with a high % of Christians tends to be more conservative.