Author Thread: Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die
Admin

Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die
Posted : 25 Sep, 2020 11:56 AM

One time I was in a low ebb of faith I investigated something that I had wondered about since childhood. Jesus said:

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

I questioned whether this was accurate. Biologically, or in any sense, if a seed dies surely it cannot live, I thought. A metaphorical interpretation didn't seem accurate or encouraging if it wasn't actually true.

Looking online I found out a process called "double fertilization" that happens when wheat is pollinated. Amazingly, the seed body and the germ seed are two separate lives, and on watering the seed first springs into life and then dies to feed the germ seed seed. This seemed to me a wonderful metaphor of how Christ gave his life to feed us spiritually. I was refreshed.

When doubting the bible and something seems not quite right, I keep digging and the resolution is always more satisfying than what I first thought, to God's glory. I use the KJV though and I don't know whether that really works in other versions as I think there are important differences.

Currently in my journey currently, I hope fully submit to Christ and what he wills. To die to self. This verse is an encouragement.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2020 01:42 AM

Thanks for sharing...:-)

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2020 04:26 PM

Jay,

The seed will not grow unless it is planted.

The outer shell that protects the seed is like a coffin, the seed is like a dead body, and the ground represents the tomb.

The coffin which holds the body is placed in the ground, this represents death.

The ground along with water energizes the seed which begins to grow.

The growing seed pushes the husk or outer shell open, representing life coming out from the grave.

The seed uses the outer shell as a foundation with which to begin to push itself upward, while the roots begin to form.

Faith is like a mustard seed.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2020 05:42 AM

Without Faith it is Impossible to serve God.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2020 02:43 PM

Moon, where have you been.

Thanks for sharing, may we take the next caller.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2020 02:38 PM

You're welcome Quiz

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2020 06:24 AM

Only this seed is Heavenly, does not need to be planted to grow, it is not of this earth...

Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

But if it does not die, it abides alone, without gathering the fruit of the earth..

John 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Then Christ lays His life down to be glorified, hating His life on this earth, losing the life to keep it unto life eternal, following Christ and that is what all is represented, we dying the same way or remaining alone and unfruitful..

John 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Christs sows good seed which are the children of God( spiritual) and the devil sows evil seed which is the children of the flesh( no Spirit) the evil seed bears no good fruit, but the wheat is what the good seed are and grow up to be the fruit God harvests, and the ones who cannot bear fruit as Christs burn..

Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Again the Kingdom of Heaven( not understandable by any man, only Christs Spirit) is the least seed among men, despised, rejected, hated, meek, lowly, and the other seeds are exaltation, pride, selfishness, envy, covetousness, and vanity..

Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Nov, 2020 05:10 PM

Adam if you want to convince people that you’re as sinless as Jesus, maybe you should tell people that AFTER you’ve finally stopped sinning. Until you stop sinning, you have NOT reached sinless perfectionism