Author Thread: Seem to be the only one who believes?
TaxMan

View Profile
History
Seem to be the only one who believes?
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 02:24 PM

ALCON,

Ok, I'm not sure that this is the place for this, but I didnt see a "General topic," area so here it will be posted.

I look around at the people I work with and live with. There are a LOT of them. I mean..I work with over 1500 soldiers, sailors and (very few) airmen here. That's NOT counting the additional THOUSANDS who are in this area but not part of my unit.

I see that very, Very, VERY few of them seem to have the least bit of morals. I mean...the simplest things fall by the way side (I KNOW this isnt everyone but it can sure seem like it some days...) like NOT taking something that's lying there that you didnt buy. Or..NOT cheating on a spouse/sig. other back home.

I think the relationships being torn apart by random lust is what gets to me the most. Perhaps it's because it happened to me. Perhaps it's because I know how simple it is to NOT put yourself in this kind of situation. Perhaps it's because I know that, by bumping uglies with someone who's here, not only is someone forming an attachment that is (by design) not permanent but also destroying the life of someone who is half a world a way.

I see the "discreet," relationships rise and crumble. I see the people HERE destroyed by flings. And I think to myself "Even if you are not in the LEAST little bit God fearing..how is this a good idea?? Youre NOT going to the same place as each other after the deployment! PLUS, it's highly un professional. "

It makes me want to grow more arms than the wackiest Indian god and smack everyone in the head. But more so, it makes me sad. I mean seeing a guy, who's wife I met before we came out here, going into a female's room at night just REALLY tears me up.

And seeing these people during the post-deployment reunion is just as hard. The fury, the hurt, the questions I see in people's eyes is just devastating. By the time we have boarded the homeward plane, the info's filtered it's way back home to spouses and friends.

Now that I look back on what I've written, I guess this is more of a rant than a call for support, but I guess I can ask: What should I do? I dont think I can help these people. I dont think they want it. I think I need to focus on making myself feel better despite the people who surround me, but seeing this moral plummet is just so discouraging some times!!

I just dont think I can figure out what these people are thinking.

Ok...ok...I'll stop for now. I've got some reading to do.

-David

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 01:56 AM

Hi David. I know how it feels like to watch a family being torn apart by adultary (extramarital sex), and it always starts with lust, which is adultary as you know. Is it really wise to enter a marriage if your relationship with God does not come first or is not important to you as it SHOULD be? Why do people do this? I mean, He created love, one needs to know Him and love Him above everything else in order to grasp the knowledge of how he or she should give love to others! If you won't love God, then you won't love the right way, sin is what you'll love.

I have a hatred for lust alright, there was a time when a man I barely knew-not even his name-asked me to come over to his place just to have sex. I felt deeply insulted! I refused and he got upset. Of course I don't want sex to be the first thing a man thinks when he looks at me.

There's nothing good about being recognised for your looks alone, when there's more beneath it all.

Jesus Christ preached about this sin (Matthew 5:27-30)and I would like to believe you all know how He feels about it. Would you like to be separated from your Creator for all eternity for a moment's pleasure? Imagine, lust alone will earn you intense punishment! Anything that has no God and love to it shouldn't be something to be proud of. Many people may say, it's just a feeling. No, it is not. I must admit, it's wiser to let God lead you to the right man or woman than to do it yourself. After all, only He sees beyond charm and beauty which many lust after...

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 07:33 AM

Dear brother, I understand how sad and frustrating it could feel to be surrounded with such wickedness, but we shouldn't be surprised as we know " In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ...." the enemy is able to destrory any ethics.

Without being sanctified by Christ Jesus, anything could happen EASILY.

I think u can help those people though, u can pray for them, cry for their salvation, meanwhile u'll start to feel better. I sense there is a message here & may be a role for u, u didn't feel this way by chance, someone else could have said I shouldn't be bothered . Pray for guidance, perhaps the Lord is preparing u to minister them, who knows?

Be a zealous supporter " While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

In Him,

Phoebe.

childofGod24

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 06:33 PM

Hello, David

I understand your feelings. I have at times felt I must be the only one who believes. Due to the behavior of those with whom I work, family and others. It is true many do not believe or live according to God's word and ways. I think Satan uses these persons and circumstances to discourage us and convince us that no one cares for God; therefore, neither should we. This is a feeling and lie promoted by the Devil; his name means deceiver don't listen too much to him. Be a light to these people in a dark and lonely world. I also realize there are many who do believe. At the church I attend, the people I know there love God. Keep close to God for encouragement and pray for contact with others who believe as you do.

Remember, God is in control.

May He bless and encourage you. I will pray for you.:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 05:00 PM

Hello David,

I spent some time in the sandbox and I know exactly what you are referring to!! I've felt the same way. One of the things that helped me was to look for the good and positive people over there. They are there, I promise. I felt like the devil was trying to make me feel alone and segregated so I tried to thwart him by finding those that thought the same as I did/do. For me, it helped out alot. At least I could communicate with others about my feelings.

Hope this helps a little. Keep your head down! ;)

God bless,

T

Happy2222

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 09:38 AM

The hardest thing for a reformed person is to look at others and not regret their own past.

How many wives does it take before it is adultry. David had 26 and he was the apple of God's eye.

All sin keeps us out of the kingdom of God.

We are called to be missionaries where ever we are. Looks like your field is white and ready to be picked.

Shalom

Dan

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 11:46 AM

I know it's frustrating! I don't really understand these things, why people wanna do that!!!!!!! Anyways it's not just men that act like that as u know.. even my sister told me how she didn't care she had been unfaithful to her man:(

But I wanted to say that it makes me feel A LOT better to hear someone else with the same mindset about this as me:) it's easy to feel like an alien in this world if u have good morals and actually care. I'm very proud of u:D

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 12:53 PM

I think what you are seeing is a reflection of the entire world right now, but I think it particularly stands out when you are over seas working a lot of hours as opposed to being home where life is more laid back and there are established houses of worship and a reminder that faith has meaning and is about something important.

Being away from home in a far off land it is like some people think none of that matters because there isn't anyone there to hold them accountable that will be there when its all said and done.

But the wickedness of the world is increasing. Our children are not safe, for pedophilia is out of control. The break up of marriages and families is alarming. People lie frequently and think nothing of it and to take what isn't yours is often more about who or how it is owned than anything else and what your value system is personally. Many think it is okay if it is owned by a store or corporation, others feel its okay as long as it isn't someone you know personally and still others don't care who owns it at all, yet all are wrong. Yet how many of these people contemplate that lake of fire? How many won't cheat an employer at any given opportunity by stealing office supplies or calling in sick when they are not. How many times have you gone to get your lunch from the refrigerator only to find it is gone?

Most men I end up dumping are for integrity issues and I don't even get a chance to find out if the walk they claim to have is even really about something. But if they are lying or treating people badly, I figure the walk is a lie or its not about much, and either way, I don't really want to find out, for I think as Christians our integrity really should mean something.

The Lord says that others will know we are Christians by how we live, which means He wants us to have that integrity and that higher standard. I would not begin to know how to trust someone that does not hold to that higher standard.

Seems a lot of things these days wear a Christian label, but I think if we search the truth in our hearts we all know when the Lord comes, a lot of that is not going to be okay with Him.

So we must be careful how we make our decisions. When you make your line in the sand, know which side the Lord your God is on, for that is the side you want to be on, too.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 07:09 PM

I am currently enrolled in the police academy. I like most everyone there, they seem to believe in The Lord, but you wouldn't know it by the way they talk. We don't belong in this world and it shows. I know how you feel being the only one that tries to live clean (not that I am perfect by any means).

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 07:43 PM

Hi David

In the midst of people who are not following Jesus the way he has called them to, IS TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS.

Jesus will keep you and hold you close to Him.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus.

God bless you

Rose

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:51 PM

I feel you David, and it tears my heart apart too! I've been a victim. It's never fun.

Page : 1 2