Author Thread: Was Jesus “Nice” ?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was Jesus “Nice” ?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2022 07:28 AM

When Jesus called on “nice” all people to repent for their sin, was he being “nice” ?

Was Jesus being “nice” when he called out religious phonies to their face with names like: “snakes, generation of vipers, fools, blind guides, whitewashed tombs full of dead men’s bones and uncleanness, graves which appear not to be graves and hypocrites.”

Jesus obviously went out of his way to warn false teachers here

If you doubt me, then look for yourself

Matt. 23:16

Matt. 23:17

Matt. 23:27

Matt. 23:33

Matt. 23:33

Luke 11:44

Luke 11:44

Jesus said in John 7:7 The world...hates me because I testify that its works are evil.

Do people (the world) hang “nice” people on crosses to be crucified⁉️⁉️

One of the main reasons people hate Christianity is because they refuse to identify themselves as sinners and hypocrites and then repent of it

Instead they prefer to talk about all the hypocrites and sinners going to church.

Well, the best REPLY to that objection might be this: “the church always has room for ONE MORE sinner and hypocrite”

We’re ALL sinners and hypocrites‼️ We all need to repent and obey as we let the word of God continue to change us‼️

Romans 3:10As it is written:

“There is NO ONE righteous,

not even one.

11There is no one who understands,

no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away,

they have together become worthless;

there is no one who does good,

not even one.”c

13“Their throats are open graves;

their tongues practice deceit.”d

“The venom of vipers is on their lips.”e

14“Their mouths are full

of cursing and bitterness.”f

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16ruin and misery lie in their wake,

17and the way of peace they have not known.”g

18“There is no fear of God

before their eyes.”

If all that offends your sensitivities sorry.

All I see is TRUE LOVE in Jesus’ words of warning to sinners and hypocrites. There’s no greater love then to lay down your life (by going to the cross) in warning the wicked of their sin and calling them to account.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be gentle about sharing the Gospel but there is such a thing as being too fearful and too nice because you just want people to like you. In other words, You care more about what people think of >>you<< than you do for them and their salvation—that’s what it means to be a true hypocrite

Worse yet, it would seem you care nothing about what Jesus thinks of you whenever you disobey him by refusing to share the good news of Gods salvation

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was Jesus “Nice” ?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2022 07:32 AM

Theres always got to just one mistake I miss. Shoulda been “all nice people to repent”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was Jesus “Nice” ?
Posted : 24 Jun, 2022 07:40 AM

There are many ways people avoid accountability for their sin.

Some claim they are “sinless and perfect” after their supposed salvation and they become offended when their sins are pointed out

Some deny the need for repentance and daily confession of sin, instead, they make up false beliefs that deny repentance and confession of sin

For example:

Some turn to legalism thinking they can make themselves righteous by obeying the law even as they claim it is God who makes their old natures sinless

Some turn to cheap grace and live as if their sin doesn’t matter anymore