Ghosting
Posted : 2 Jan, 2023 10:20 PM

Why do when ghost women?

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 10:32 AM

Debbie, I wasn't familiar with the term ghosting.

But if what I just found on a Google search is correct, ghosting occurs when someone cuts off contact with another person without giving a reason.

If that definition is correct, I guess the person doesn't want to continue contact for some reason, but is too embarrassed to explain why for some reason or seeks to avoid hurting the person. I think both men and women do it.

It is rude, but persons often dislike hurting persons by expressing a direct rejection. And often the reason for ending the contact may have nothing to do with something the victim of ghosting did.

At any rate, ghosting seems to be inappropriate. I hope it doesn't occur to you often.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 09:08 PM

Finding the specific reason a man might “ghost a woman” varies from man to man. There are as many reasons men vanish into thin air as there are men.

Just a few reasons may include:

1. He’s too scared

2. He found someone else

3. He misunderstood the relationship

4. He’s in jail

5. He decided the person wasn’t the right one

And the list goes on

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 3 Jan, 2023 09:10 PM

But I agree with the above poster—ghosting is hurtful and just plain rude

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 5 Jan, 2023 03:14 PM

The previous posts all give correct reasons, but I think they can all be boiled down a simpler answer that covers most everyone, including women that ghost men: it’s the easy way out. We all must routinely make choices between what is right and what is easy and we don’t always choose what is right. Ghosting is much easier than crafting a carefully worded ‘goodbye’ and then dealing with whatever awkwardness or hurt feelings may result. Furthermore, the computer is an impersonal device that allows the "ghoster" to effectively cut themselves off emotionally from the fact that there is a human being at the other end of the conversation anxiously wondering why they haven’t received a reply.

SamReb1776^

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 13 Feb, 2023 11:05 AM

Honestly, maybe he didnt think he had a chance. Some guys have self esteem issues because of past relationships making him concerned or making him believe that he isnt worthy of a good woman, or he doesnt want to commit in fear of rejection that so many women provide these days.

Tinso

View Profile
History
Ghosting
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 01:07 AM

Thanx guys for the insight. Very informative. We always suspect the guy would have found someone else, lol