Author Thread: WHEN JESUS, THE PROPHETS OR THE APOSTLES EVANGELIZED, DID THEY SWEETEN THE DEAL BY TELLING PEOPLE THAT FOLLOWING GOD IS GONNA BE A “WONDERFUL LIFE”⁉️⁉️⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WHEN JESUS, THE PROPHETS OR THE APOSTLES EVANGELIZED, DID THEY SWEETEN THE DEAL BY TELLING PEOPLE THAT FOLLOWING GOD IS GONNA BE A “WONDERFUL LIFE”⁉️⁉️⁉️
Posted : 7 Jul, 2023 11:53 PM

No, they didn’t‼️

Compared to some pinkish modern churches, THEY told the truth.

Jesus said following him would be hard. In fact, all Jesus disciples, except for one, were martyred (if I remember right).

Jesus also said his followers would be falsely accused and hated. JUST LIKE HE WAS‼️‼️ He was falsely accused and hated‼️‼️

And when Jesus said, “pick up your cross and follow me”, he wasn’t fooling‼️‼️ He meant it‼️‼️ Just ask all the Christian martyrs this last century. They were willing to die. Not all Christians die like that but—-the ones who truly love Jesus are willing to‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WHEN JESUS, THE PROPHETS OR THE APOSTLES EVANGELIZED, DID THEY SWEETEN THE DEAL BY TELLING PEOPLE THAT FOLLOWING GOD IS GONNA BE A “WONDERFUL LIFE”⁉️⁉️⁉️
Posted : 8 Jul, 2023 07:31 AM

It’s time we follow Jesus and the Apostle’s example of how to conduct evangelism God’s way‼️

I attended a conservative Baptist church and their college in California several years back and was in involved in their evangelism out reach.

I was very disappointed in what I saw. Nothing biblical about it‼️

They would invite youngsters to participate in sporting activities and afterwards they would ask each of them if they wanted to avoid hell fire. Of course NO ONE is going to say no to that.

Well, the solution? A “repeat-after-me-prayer” supposedly asking and accepting “Jesus to come into my heart”‼️‼️

And then, after the “evangelism” out reach, the “evangelists” would return to their meeting and brag about how many people “became Christians” or how many “souls got saved”.

SORRY‼️‼️ That doesn’t bear any resemblance to the biblical evangelism of Jesus and the Apostles‼️‼️

SO WHERES THE explaining about what sin is or what true repentance means⁉️⁉️

WHERE’S the 👉👉biblical👈👈 teaching about God’s terrible wrath coming against unrepentant sinners. WHERE’S the submission to the LORDSHIP of Jesus⁉️⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2023 07:34 AM

HOW will a person be born again and truly repent if they are not heart broken over their sin⁉️⁉️⁉️

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2023 09:48 AM

Amen to that LittleDavid. The Bible says that there is going to be hard and good times in the Christian life everyday. Praise the LORD that you posted this topic.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2023 02:53 PM

Jesus and the Apostles are honest about followings Jesus.

Philippians 1:29: “For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him, but also suffer for his sake.”

1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

Dishonest “Christians” and Preachers, who need more people in their false churches, lie about the Gospel. They make the Gospel easy and pleasant for their lukewarm worldly “Christians”(ie false Christians).

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2023 04:29 PM

Amen to that LittleDavid.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2023 08:35 PM

Thanks SE for the encouragement‼️‼️‼️

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2023 03:52 PM

Never compare yourself to Jesus! LD

You character doesn't even come close.

Jesus Christ was God in the Flesh.

Learn something!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2023 01:00 AM

It’s good to humbly compare ourselves to Jesus.

It allows us to see just how far we’ve fallen short of his glory.

I would encourage you to compare yourself and your behaviors to Jesus.