Author Thread: WOULD YOU BE A PART OF A MOVEMENT STARTED BY PEOPLE LIKE THIS⁉️⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WOULD YOU BE A PART OF A MOVEMENT STARTED BY PEOPLE LIKE THIS⁉️⁉️
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 04:22 AM

See if you can guess which movement these men and women helped start. 😅😇

John Alexander Dowie (1847-1907). John was an early “healing” preacher for the movement, who lived in opulence and splendor, (much like many modern fake “healer).

His followers weren’t so fortunate. You see, they had to sacrifice to keep John happy and rich‼️‼️‼️

In fact, John warned his followers not to be stingy or else God might get stingy with his healings.

Sheeesh, I bet that made ‘em dig deep‼️‼️

John even thundered down scoldings upon a person debilitated by cancer or by epilepsy. He would say, “...it’s your own fault you’re not healed because you don’t trust God...”

Fake healers who claim to be “faith healers” often blame sick or crippled people for not getting better.

But that’s the standard routine. Sure does take the focus off the fake healer’s inability to heal‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 04:39 AM

Then there good O’ Frank Sanford.

Sanford had 1000 followers. He forced them all to hand over their possessions. He even forced his followers (including children) to go on fasts.

Sanford said sickness was a sign of a sick soul‼️‼️Sanford even saw for to beat people to get them “right with God”‼️‼️

Because of Sanford’s abuses some of his followers died.

He was arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Sanford even claimed to be Elijah‼️‼️‼️

Yet this man and Dowie are highly revered and regarded as heroic even today by those in the movement‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 04:40 AM

There’s much more to come‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 07:29 AM

Next we have CHARLES F PARHAM (1873-1929)

What do we know about Charles Parham?

Charles was fascinated 👉👉false teacher👈👈 Frank Sanford

CHARLES PARHAM is known as the 👉👉👉father of AMERICAN PENTECOSTALISM👈👈👈‼️‼️‼️‼️

Charles Parham, (👉👉just like Job’s false friends👈👈),FALSEY ACCUSES Job of suffering because he was living in sin—yet GOD SAYS no one else on earth was as righteous as Job‼️‼️‼️

Charles began, Bethel: Healing School and School of Prophecy

Charles said: preachers who do not “the gospel of healing” will face the “utter condemnation of God”‼️‼️‼️

Charles criticized people for going to doctors‼️‼️‼️

CHARLES PARHAM started the ARK OF THE COVENANT SCAM‼️‼️ 👉to raise large sums of money👈‼️‼️‼️

CHARLES PARHAM also started another SCAM‼️‼️. He claimed to have a device that could turn ROCKS INTO GOLD‼️‼️‼️

CHARLES PARHAM was arrested for SODOMY‼️‼️‼️

CHARLES PARHAM also claimed to be ELIJAH‼️‼️‼️

FOLKS YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP‼️‼️‼️

What’s even more UNBELIEVABLE—-he had many followers and his American Pentecostal movement STILL thrives‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 07:33 AM

AND IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER‼️‼️‼️

Why don’t followers of this movement know their own history⁉️⁉️⁉️

Its there for anyone to see and it’s well documented‼️‼️

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 11:00 AM

Seek Holy Spirit. He has the answers you Lack

Instead of Criticizing everyone thsn yourself!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 11:13 AM

So now you are defending false teachers who scam their own followers‼️‼️‼️

I guess if you’re one of them, you may as well defend them‼️‼️

But, you’re not alone.

Parham, the Pentecostal preacher scammer, who tried to convince people he could turn rocks into gold, still has many admirers in the Charismatic/Pentecostal movement.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 12:23 PM

I post Biblical True!

Don't start Lying!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 12:38 PM

Deeper Relationship with the Holy Spirit

Jesus is the Lamb of God (John 1:29) and the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit (John 1:25-34). One of the assignments of Jesus is to introduce us to the Holy Spirit. Jesus gives eternal life and abundant life (John 10:10). Eternal life does not exist outside of salvation but abundant life does not exist outside of the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is a person,

Read: Who is the Holy Spirit?

When you fellowship with the Holy Spirit, start with the awareness that He is with you, then turn attention to Him and then lift your hearts with affection towards Him.

Your relationship can’t go higher than your obedience to the Holy Spirit.

Bible instructs us not to grieve the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:30) One of the main ways the Holy Spirit is grieved is when we are disobedient to His word and His leading.

The Holy Spirit uses our spirit to communicate to us, but His voice will never contradict His word.

By obeying the promptings of the Holy Spirit we allow Him to develop within us His fruit.

When we start living in the Holy Spirit we will make mistakes, fall into our old patterns. Sometimes go for days without prayer or reading of God’s word.

Holy Spirit

Intimacy with the Holy Spirit

Relationship with the Holy Spirit

How to know the Holy Spirit

. Invest your life into the salvation of souls.

The purpose of the power of the Holy Spirit is for making us into witnesses (Acts 1:8). Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will come upon us and we will receive power, tongues were not mentioned in Acts 1:8. It seems to me that most people have limited the Holy Spirit baptism to speaking in tongues instead of walking in power. We need both. The purpose of the power is SOULS. I truly believe that we quench the power of the Holy Spirit when we live inward focused lives that don’t reach out to the lost souls.

In Ezekiel 47, water came out of the temple and went to the dead sea, lowest point on earth. The closer it got to the dead sea the deeper and wider it got. Holy Spirit once revealed to me during my fast that as long as I value Him and heading in the direction of the lost with all my being, His grace will gradually increase in my life. This word is also for you. Make sure your ministry is headed toward the lost. Make it your number 1 goal to see people come to know Jesus. I fast for that. I pray for that daily. I structure our ministry for the lost to be brought to the Kingdom. I monthly support ministries that win the souls.

Souls matter to the Holy Spirit, and they have to matter to me. That’s how His power flows. His power is not for making us famous or rich or known but for Jesus’ name to influence our generation and that as many as possible to come to the Kingdom.

Hows your relationship with the Holy Spirit?

Search

Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 04:56 PM

To Little David: I never knew all this at all. Thanks for posting this topic, PRAISE THE LORD. And to Moonlight7: The Bible says in John 16:5-15 that the Holy Spirit will not glorify Himself but Jesus and the Scriptures. And the Pentecostal and Charismatic movements are in error with a lot of things like Divine Healing. The Scriptures teach that according to the will of the LORD that He will heal some and others He won't and sometimes He uses doctors, medications, vitamins and natural herbal remedies to heal but it's got to be according to the will of the LORD. Take me for example: God has healed me of my autism for the most part except i still have asperger's syndrome and bipolar and PRAISE THE LORD THAT HE'S ALLOWED THESE THINGS TO REMAIN BECAUSE HE WANTS TO USE THESE THINGS TO REACH OTHERS WITH AND WITHOUT DISABILITIES AND MENTAL CONDITIONS AT MY WORKPLACE, ON THE STREETS OF FENNIMORE AND AT HOME WITH THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST WHO WOULDN'T ORIGINALLY HEAR IT FROM NORMAL PEOPLE.(SEE 2 COR 12 AND 1 COR 1) THAT IS THE ASSEMBLIES OF GOD POSITION ON DIVINE HEALING. WE CAN'T PUT GOD IN A BOX AND FORCE HIM INTO OUR MOLD AND WE CAN'T DO THAT WITH PEOPLE EITHER FOR THEY HAVE A FREE WILL(SEE GENESIS 2:15-17 AND 1 JOHN 5:14-15) AS FAR AS SPEAKING IN TONGUES AND THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT, SCRIPTURE TEACHES IN 1 COR 12-14, ROMANS 12 AND EPH 4 THAT IS SUPPOSSED TO BE OPERATING IN ORDER AND SPONATETY LIKE FOR EXAMPLE WHEN YOU RECIEVE YOUR PRAYER LANGUAGE YOU KEEP THAT BETWEEN YOU AND GOD IN YOUR PRIVATE DEVOTIONAL TIME AND A MESSAGE IN TONGUES NEEDS AN INTERPRETER AND THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT NEEDS TO BE OPERATING IN BIBLICAL BALANCE. WHY? SO THEY CAN BE USED TO EDIFY THE BODY OF CHRIST AND REACH THE LOST WITH VARIETY OF GIFTS IN THE BODY OF CHRIST. AND I BELIEVE THE TRINITY TALKS TO PEOPLE TODAY BUT THEY WON'T GO CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURE. ALL OF US NEED TO BE AWARE OF SATAN'S COUNTERFEITS. THAT IS WHY I DON'T WATCH THE WORD OF FAITH/RHEMA PREACHERS, JOEL OSTEEN, JOSEPH PRINCE, STEVEN FURTICK AND RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNE BECAUSE THEY PREACH A FALSE GOSPEL.(SEE GAL 1:6-10) AND BOTH THE CESSATION AND SENSATIONAL POSTIONS ON THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT ARE BOTH SATANIC. I TAKE SKIP HEITZIG'S POSITION OF FUNDAMATIC WHICH DOESN'T GO TO EITHER EXTREME BUT HAS A BIBLICAL BALANCE. DOES THIS HELP, I PRAY SO.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 06:43 PM

@Street Evangelist

I very aware of what is Biblical and Some denomination are in error in Some teachings.

I'm not Naive about what's Truth.

Page : 1 2