Author Thread: WHY DO CHRISTIANS GIVE IRRATIONAL ATHEISTS AND UNREASONING PAGANS (AGNOSTICS) OPPORTUNITIES FIND FAULT⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WHY DO CHRISTIANS GIVE IRRATIONAL ATHEISTS AND UNREASONING PAGANS (AGNOSTICS) OPPORTUNITIES FIND FAULT⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
Posted : 4 Aug, 2023 06:34 AM

I’ve heard atheists, Muslims and other hasty unbelievers, such as agnostics, quoting from the writings of a popular apostate Christian scholar. An “apostate” is a turncoat traitor to the faith once held.

One well known person in particular, claims he became an atheist because he can’t agree with how God is running things.

He’s really an apostate but he thinks it sounds better to refer to himself as an atheist. Probably because it sounds more trendy these days.

For some reason, such irrationality and false belief has become fashionable, even among “Christians”.

Speaking of “Christians”, many of them have inadvertently replaced the truth of scripture with the make believe traditions of men. In this way they have actually become unbelievers in practice. Kinda like the Pharisees of old. They claimed to follow Moses but in practice they followed their own man-made traditions.

Thus they and believers like them create doctrinal confusion that gives all types of unbelievers opportunities to fault the Christian faith.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
WHY DO CHRISTIANS GIVE IRRATIONAL ATHEISTS AND UNREASONING PAGANS (AGNOSTICS) OPPORTUNITIES FIND FAULT⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️
Posted : 4 Aug, 2023 11:28 AM

🤔🕵️‍♂️ I quite often over on twitter my fishing ground for Christ if you will hear skeptics unbelievers quote from innumerable invalid sources

Such as the apocryphas the gnostic book of thomas some of the early church father writings . And then you've also got individuals like Benny hinn bart erman ( SP on this one ) as well as many many other not so famous false teachers and false prophets who haunt the social media airwaves too. Apologetics is necessary only when the holy spirit says to otherwise kick the dust off your feet that's my advice

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2023 05:37 PM

Really good advice‼️‼️

And you raised some very good points as well.

I would line to expand the conversation further.

For example: I like to go one step further by helping idiots look like idiots, even to themselves. I do that by helping fools understand their own anti-intellectual beliefs and incoherent comments.

Here I try to apply:

Proverbs 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,

or you yourself will be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

lest he become wise in his own eyes.

By applying Proverbs 26:4, I tend to ignore a fool’s silly questions. Thats because their questions are not designed to learn anything. They just wanna draw me into one of their foolish arguments.

At this point, I go straight to Proverbs 26:5 and apply it as follows:

At this point I present a rhetorical device in the form of a confuting question that destroys the premise on which the fool’s question is based.

Here’s a common example of a conversation between a fool and a wise person thus putting the principles of Proverbs 26:5 into action‼️

WISE PERSON: “the Word of God is truth”

FOOL: “what is truth? there is no such thing as truth”

WISE PERSON: “a question for you: is what you just said the truth?”

In my experience, most fools when challenged won’t, (because they can’t), defend their own foolishness. Even they seem to see the foolishness of their false ideas, no longer “...wise in their own eyes”)

Sadly, most fools won’t openly admit their foolishness. But at least, and hopefully, those reading or hearing the conversation will see how stupid the fool’s ideas are‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2023 05:42 PM

Sorry about the rough draft. I NEED an revising editor‼️‼️‼️🤣🤣😂😇