Author Thread: 🤔🕵️‍♂️ do these Bible passages defeat the OSAS position ❓❓
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
🤔🕵️‍♂️ do these Bible passages defeat the OSAS position ❓❓
Posted : 11 Aug, 2023 10:32 AM

Christian Standard Bible

Galatians 5:21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I am warning you about these things—as I warned you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

1 Corinthians 6:10

nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2023 02:19 PM

NO

We are saved by Grace and Faith alone.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2023 02:23 PM

Any one can Walk away for God . Go back to a sinful lifestyle.

Loose their faith !

God never walks away from a ' Saved person ". You need to Repent of sin and return to Jesus.

God's does not approve of sin.

It's important to read the Bible and know what the Word says !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2023 02:25 PM

"walk away from God "

Corrections

"God does not approve of sin."

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 08:55 AM

That’s a really good question.

A general response to that question is getting more thorny because of the many current interpretations “once save always saved” has accumulated over time.

Different people with different perspectives answer OSAS according to their own understanding or misunderstandings.

For example, some OSASer’s think all that you have to do to be saved is to “repeat a salvation prayer” without any mention or signs of repentance.

In that case, yes, the verses quoted will most certainly destroy this particular version of OSAS

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 09:34 AM

Yeah that's true bro David there is a milder osas and then there's the hyper osas like the old saying goes ask eight people how to solve the turmoil in the Middle East and you get 10 different answers lol

But my vote officially is it strikes down hyper osas.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 11:14 AM

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 11:22 AM

I agree.

But one thing is certain. No one who is 👉truly👈 saved will ever lose that salvation. For one thing, the person had no part in his own being saved. Salvation is a work of God from start to finish.

I’m with someone and have to move on so I’ll have to complete my thoughts later

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 01:48 PM

The decision to live on earth in perfect obedience to God and to provide perfect righteousness to cloth sinners and to die on a cross to justify them was all in the mind of God long before the first man was created.

And then, AFTER justification God keeps the truly saved person saved‼️‼️‼️ Totally a work of God.

Philippians 1:6 “...being confident of this, that 👉👉he who began a good work in you👈👈 will carry it on to completion👈👈👈 until the day of Christ Jesus”.

People who believe they can “loose salvation” must, of logical necessity, believe it is they who initiated their own salvation and it is they who’s own work keeps them saved‼️‼️‼️

The sad thing is, they tend to be a type of legalistic believer. In other words, they perform good works, not out of a love for God but because they must.

Worse yet, these people may not even have a salvation to lose in the first place‼️‼️

A person who repents of sin and bears good fruit out of a genuine love for God proves that he is truly saved.

* Sanctification is a work of God, done within a true Christian, that makes the Christian more like God with each passing day.

No Christian will be truly sinless and perfect until glorification (when the old flesh finally dies).