Author Thread: Is your churches prayer meetings more like this, “please help my aching back”⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Is your churches prayer meetings more like this, “please help my aching back”⁉️
Posted : 4 Jan, 2024 11:13 PM

But what👉should👈a church’s prayer meeting be more like⁉️⁉️

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2024 10:41 AM

What comes to mind is this bro David the famous John f Kennedy speech " ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country " i.e. i approach the throne of grace seeking righteousness and then ask for healing . Also not counting it strange these fiery trials. I could recall back around this time of year 2010 being homeless in a beat up old 1996 Toyota Corolla having to add 2 gallons of water in the radiator just to get it a mile. Long story short with my name on a section 8 housing list in Iowa , my name coming up and God only knew how I was going to get there , getting the phone call yes I'll buy that 98 rebuilt Geo Metro for you so you can get there. But prior to that a Christian brother out here in the park saying let go of you're coveting and then God will give it to you ❗❗ it's been 35 years I've lived with spine disorders yes my aching back , but like pastor Alistair begg once said " thank God for the fiery trials they've made me the season Christian that i am today " praise Christ hallelujah ❗❗

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2024 02:27 PM

Allister Begg is one of the best preachers‼️

I sure agree with your last post about trials that come in all shapes and sizes.

And it is necessary, according to James, to pray for aching backs and other physical ailments.

Very sorry about your situation with the housing. My nephew was kicked out of an assisted living housing so I had to put him up. He’ll be leaving for Utah in a week. Housing situations are bad. I don’t live in a house because of high taxes.

Among the many missing biblical prayers in 90% of modern prayer meetings I’ve attended is one example like this:

Colossians1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[e] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[f] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.