Author Thread: ☘️💚 happy st paddy's day march 17th and it's true meaning ❗❗
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
☘️💚 happy st paddy's day march 17th and it's true meaning ❗❗
Posted : 12 Mar, 2024 12:24 PM

What Is the Spiritual Meaning of St. Patrick's Day?

St. Patrick is most known for illustrating the meaning of the Holy Trinity - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - by sharing with the masses that the shamrock is one leaf with three parts, just as God is one entity with three persons.

Aside from this and St. Patrick's Day itself, St. Patrick's legacy is sustained by his famous prayer of protection or breastplate prayer. The prayer is long, but the encouragement still speaks the same message to this day. Here is a small excerpt of the prayer:

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me.

Spiritual Meaning of St Patrick's Day

The Irish see that St. Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland. The celebrations should be about being thankful for him and thankful that his missions helped bring about the message of the Good News. Moreover, it is being thankful that God gave His only Son to die for us so that we could live. Therefore, it is always a celebration when the gospel is preached to the lost.

In Mark 16:15, Jesus appears to the 11 disciples and commands them to “go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation.”

Are you thankful that someone obeyed God and preached the gospel to you? I am. Without God, my life would be totally different. Imagine what life would be like for you. Even more, imagine what the country of Ireland would be like if the gospel was never reached there. So, when you celebrate St. Patrick's Day, remember what it is all about: the gospel.

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him (Colossians 3:15-17)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
☘️💚 happy st paddy's day march 17th and it's true meaning ❗❗
Posted : 12 Mar, 2024 01:54 PM

🫵😀👍‼️