Author Thread: Long Term Relationship
Iridescent

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 6 Apr, 2024 04:19 PM

What does long term relationship mean to you? Just not ready for marriage, but still striving toward it? Because, why would an average genuine Christian man (or woman just date a man) want to "just" date a woman without desiring a sexually allowable relationship eventually..

silver761

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 08:23 PM

To me, "long term relationship" means that it is not short term. In other words, some people may be traveling or just want an activity partner or someone to hang out with for a week or so. And that's it. I'm not sure how short a "short-term relationship" is supposed to last. But the idea of a long-term relationship is that it's going to last, and ideally it will last a lifetime. So, long-term relationship means you're seriously looking for the right person you're going to marry as opposed to just having fun and dating with no purpose.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 10:03 PM

When people have children, then divorce, they often have long term relationships with their ex.

I think more that post for a long-term relationship in their profiles are not looking for marriage outrightly, though some become open to that possibility. Others come out and write in their profiles for a long-term relationship leading to marriage.

I think marriages are short-term.

I think long-term relationships are rare to reach long term.

I think it is all short-term.

Our lives are short, and everything is short term, especially marriage. And the one's that last are out of endurance, persistence, tolerance and fears and concern. Not love!

One song in the 60's said "Cheaper to keep her". A lot of marriages are held together by children. There aren't many good marriages and long term relationships are often divorced couples with kids. I do not know that people living together outside of marriage is a long deal usually. Sometimes it leads to marriage. More often, I think it is for a few weeks, a few months, or a couple years. Nothing is long term but a parent's devotion to their children FOR SOME.

Page : 1 2