Author Thread: Is this the life God wants for me?
kaylaj

View Profile
History
Is this the life God wants for me?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 03:36 PM

I have been a christian all my life having grown up in a christian family. In my youth and all through college i have been very active in the church. being involved in almost all the church ministries. God has been and still is the centre of my being. because of this i didn't spend much time and wasn't interested in guys. All my life (believe it or not) i have only dated one guy- call it naive -ity of what but because i spent so much time in church i never find time for the opposite sex. now as i'm older, much much older, I am feeling quite lonely and wishing that I could find a life partner which seems to be very hard. I have reached a stage in my life where i'm now questioning God - (not my faith) After all the time I've spent in church and doing the work of God - have I , by not stopping to settle down and have a family, wasted my life? I think about that everyday and many times I get discouraged and sometimes I think that I'm loosing my joy. I really need prayer for strength and for God's direction in my life as I don't want to make a wrong decision based on my desperation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 06:05 PM

In our life, God puts trials in order for us to prove how strong our faith is. I understand your feelings but please hold on you faith.

Don't let depression rule your heart. If God is your priority then you must learn to accept whatever future He had prepared on you. I'm struggling also with my faith now because I try to choose my own will. Before if someone ask me if I'm sure that I will go in heaven when die, without doubt I usually answered yes. But now if you going to ask me if I'm sure that i will go in heaven when I die, my answer would be maybe. I choose my own will because of the depression i had before and it's hard for me now to return back and be holy again but I know God would understand but still the guilt feeling is always in my heart now.

Blessed are those people who choose to serve God in their whole life because they will have an everlasting life and happiness in the kingdom of God.

God will always bless you my friend. Just wait for His perfect time.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 06:34 PM

I know what you mean kayla!! I too have felt what you're feeling. I have been a Christian most of my life and have lived a life that I believe God would be pleased however in dealing with circumstances I couldn't control I feel like I have been shafted! I've never been in a relationship and I've never been out on my own and I have had trouble keeping a job because of the economy! Yet I see people all around who have not been in a close relationship with God and yet they seem to be getting whatever they want. While I didn't doubt God I definitely got angry with Him.. I didn't question His existance but His reasons! My situation hasn't changed much but it has a little bit and I feel that God will continue to work in my life as long as I"m willing to let Him. Stay strong Kayla and God will come through!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2010 10:48 PM

Hello all!! :)

please read my profile. I copied and pasted a letter another lady posted in the forum some time ago. It strengthens me when I start feeling this way.

With love,

T

kaylaj

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 12:27 AM

Thanks browneyedgirl, that letter you have in your profile has captured how I feel exactly. i couldn't say it better myself.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 08:22 AM

Good!! I'm glad it's helped!! At least you know you aren't the only one, me too, and that also makes me feel better!! :)

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 05:09 AM

HI Kaylaj, Doing what God wants you to do( serving Him for his kingdom ) is not wasting time but just adding rewards for your soul. But you must be holistic in your approach to life. You must give time not only for your spiritual growth but likewise to your social, mental , physical and emotional aspect of your life. Yeah you will really feel get bored doing activities at the same place and becoming a habit already. There is nothing wrong with serving for the Kingdom of God always but God wants us to live with joy not in boredom. Try to do some new things , go out and meet people especially those whom you know can help you grow strong in all aspects of your life which I have already mentioned . Try to do new things, develop your other potentials, help people especially those who really need help, reinvent yourself, and try to laugh a lot with family and friends and new acquaintances . By doing all these things for sure you will feel happier. Do not allow Satan snatch the joy of the Lord in you . You have so many things to be thankful for ok? God loves you soooooooo much !!! By the way have you read the book "The Purpose Driven Life " by Rick Warren. It is a very nice book which can help you realized your purpose here and earth and why God created you. Read that book for 40 days ok? Enjoy reading it. God bless you more and more.

kaylaj

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 11:38 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement Dahlee. God bless.

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 05:13 AM

You are welcome Kayla!!! Our christian life is full of tests and trust.The world is full of worries and troubles. But we can do all things thru Christ who strengthen us for Greater is He

( Jesus) who is in me than he(satan) who in the world.

Many loves you!!