Author Thread: biggest distraction in church
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
History
biggest distraction in church
Posted : 21 Feb, 2010 08:44 AM

My church has recently started growing through reproduction.:glow:

The problem is: despite a large Childrens church ministry, and the availability of both babysitting and a crying room, it's very hard to concentrate on the pastor. I'm happy to see kids in church, but also feel I should be able to attend and not have crayons being thrown at me, or children running up and down the aisles, and crawling up on me when I'm trying to take notes. The adults seem oblivious to the distraction they're creating, as often they're busy occupying their kids. Any ideas?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 06:39 PM

Hello everyone:

My screen name is trucker:

My real name is George:

SWB,Too many American Christians believe the building is the 'Church'(I go to church).

The Church(Ekklesia:Greek for called out) are the people.

In America the church has become a corporation,an organization,not the organism that it is to be.

Sadly to say men are looking to a man to being the Pastor,when Yeshua is the Pastor.

In Psalm 23 The LORD is my Shepherd.

The Hebrew word for Shepherd is ra'ah(#7462 Strongs Hebrew).

This same Hebrew word is also used as Pastor in Jeremiah 23.

The Greek word for Pastor is the word 'Poimen )# 4166 Strongs Greek)-(used only once in Ephesians 4:11).

This also is used for the word Shepherd;except 1st Peter 5:4.

The problem with the church today is,they do not understand,what the Word says about Biblical Eldership and the plurality of Elders.

If the fellowship were to be adhering to the Scriptural mandate of Elders and not Pastor,then there might not be as many problems as we see(Read the qualifications for Elders 1st Timothy 3:1-7& Titus 1:5-9).

Also most of the body of believers have never heard of or have been taught about the Priesthood of Believers.

This is found in 1st Peter 2:1-10 and practised in 1st Corinthians 14:1-33.

Without these the body really has relinquished,or rather has had their spiritual authority when they meet together with other believers,taken or usurped,and this might be Yeshua talked about in Revelation 2:15,The doctrine of the Nicolaitanes.

If the body of believers understood the word of the Lord,as it is written,instead of how men want them to know,there would be a different attitude within the body.

SWB,if you understood your position in christ as He says,not as men say,for men say that you and others are nothing more than Sinners saved by Grace.

In all actuality,you and every believer in Yeshua are Adopted Sons/children(Teknon-Greek).

We are Saints of the Most High God.

And the Righteousness of God in Christ.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2010 07:28 PM

SWB:continuing

If the people understood that the Lord sees us not according to our condition(sinners).

Rather He sees us according to our position as Adopted Sons:Romans 8:14-17&Galations 4:1-6).

Saints:Romans 1:7..1st Corinthians 1:2..Ephesians 1:1..

Royal Priesthood; 1st Peter 2:1-10

Kings and Priests unto God and the Father:Revelation 1:6

And when we come together to Worship the Lord 1st Corinthians 14:1-33

Breaking Bread:1st Corinthians 11:23-30

If the Body of Believers understood these things the Lord says about them,

and even more,there might not be the problems we see today.

But these are purposely with-held from the people to keep them ignorant of the truth.

This is so those over them could tell them anything they wanted,and the people would

not be able to hold them accountable for their actions.

There is so much more to be said about this,yet there are some that will

not want to believe what the Scriptures say about these matters.

If any of this offends anyone please do know this is what the Lord says in His Word.

I hope that everyone has a Blessed night and day.

So the problem lies with both the people and the Elders.

The Elders for not teaching the people what the word says about the matters:

And the people for not believing the Word.

trucker

Page : 1 2