Author Thread: Another distraction in church
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Another distraction in church
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 10:31 PM

Another distraction in church, not such much struggling with my faith, but struggling with my flesh...

Skinnywhiteboy made me think of another thing that messes with me alot of times during church services. Well, I attend a fairly large membership non-demoninational church, which we've three services. The 9:30am service is most crowded. We have a period of praise and worship, and invariably, each time I have just gotten filled with joy, and all into praise and worship, thein...all of a sudden, I'm asked to move down a seat to help the late comers come in an get seated OR they walk across 12 people in the row to get to the empty available seat. Well... that just does something to my temperament! (Believe me, the Holy Spirit does work on me everytime!)

I try to think of a reason why a lot of people come into church services late... I mean like 30-45 minutes after the service has started. I have to literally "slap" myself in my mind to keep my spirit right. I mean, I take time to try and get myself seated in time before service begins, only to have to move down after I've gotten myself all positioned, settled, and ready to receive the word. Just venting, but just throwing it out if you experienced the same thing. :goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 11:40 PM

Dear Grace, I will generally occupy and warm an isle seat, if a late comer shows then I can step out give'em a warm greeting and stretch out my arm for them toward the cold seats...:glow:

If they're elderly or a Mom and her young kids then I will slide on in though in case of needs they have to tend to personal business if ya catch my drift...

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 02:47 PM

My pastor said something about that once. He told people flat out - don't be late. He asked if they would be this late for their job and if not, why do they think it's okay to be late for God? When you think about it, church is one place we should be on time, every time. Maybe you could ask your pastor to mention it? I don't think we had any latecomers the next week! Lol

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 07:09 PM

Grace, now that you have brought this I remembered another thing that "pull us out from our worshiping moments"... I was praying very still, with my eyes closed and very quite, you know those moments... Then suddenly one of the sisters pulled me by my arm, she was moving around, like dancing, she made me open my eyes and stop my prayer for me to join her dancing... I was so confused... That was years ago.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 06:04 AM

Well, not to be stating not to be in church but the day is to be remember as Holy (Rest). You can stay at home and read the good book and worship. To me when you been getting 2 or 3 little one's prepared for Sunday school and something can go on from home to church or someone else's life can not be as organized as some lives can be to be able to get to church on time. Just a thought...I think some others lives can get out of control in days that is just seems so normal for those as it is for other lives to be just as organized. You never know what they have trouble struggling with. It may be a small piece they are not aware of to correct. :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 06:31 PM

OR what about when your worshipping and someone wants to say Hi...ugh, I do get upset and I probably shouldnt but hey, time worshipping the Lord in a corporate setting is precious. The holy spirit really moves during that time.

Then, i get tapped on the shoulder and I dont want to look but I do, and I guarantee the look on my face says it all.

goodness...then I feel bad afterward.

Help Lord!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 09:13 PM

Me too River.....

Hey, everyone, thanks for your contribution... I was just sharing... Yes, there are some good reasons why people arrive late, anywhere from trouble parking, to too much time getting the children ready, to a host of other reasons.... just has been a test for me sometime when I experience this. Maybe when I start responding the right way, God will let them move in on another row, not the one on mine...lol

Thanks again for sharing. ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2010 11:02 PM

5 min., 10 min., 45 min. late I don't think it matters. They showed up, "Praise God. Look Lord more sinners have come!". It's been over 2000 years since Jesus said he was coming quickly. And He's still not late.

During worship I think our hearts should be focused on God. There was once a lame man that showed up late for a study group that Jesus was teaching at. These guys put a hole in the roof to get in there.

pluc

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 05:41 AM

I know the feeling all to well also. I attend the same type of church. I now sit with all of my friends that are like me. We occupy a whole section. So know one wants to move in on us. Sometimes I will sit close to the Pastors' section which fills up quickly before service. So I do not have that problem. Everyone is at different stages in their walk with the Lord so we will always have to be patient with those that come in late. The best things is going to praise and prayer with the fired up believers on a specific night. You know you will be able to enter in well there.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 01:07 PM

dear grace,,, heres a little tip.. sit on the front row.. no one has to walk against you goin by ..and not alot of folks like the front row hehe... and you wouldnt be asked to move down either..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2010 08:30 PM

I like that cattleman!

Page : 1 2