Author Thread: Another distraction in church
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Another distraction in church
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 10:31 PM

Another distraction in church, not such much struggling with my faith, but struggling with my flesh...

Skinnywhiteboy made me think of another thing that messes with me alot of times during church services. Well, I attend a fairly large membership non-demoninational church, which we've three services. The 9:30am service is most crowded. We have a period of praise and worship, and invariably, each time I have just gotten filled with joy, and all into praise and worship, thein...all of a sudden, I'm asked to move down a seat to help the late comers come in an get seated OR they walk across 12 people in the row to get to the empty available seat. Well... that just does something to my temperament! (Believe me, the Holy Spirit does work on me everytime!)

I try to think of a reason why a lot of people come into church services late... I mean like 30-45 minutes after the service has started. I have to literally "slap" myself in my mind to keep my spirit right. I mean, I take time to try and get myself seated in time before service begins, only to have to move down after I've gotten myself all positioned, settled, and ready to receive the word. Just venting, but just throwing it out if you experienced the same thing. :goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 02:41 AM

good day to you all-ushers need to do their jobs

what if the service started on time and the people who did not come in on time had to wait until the meet and greet portion of the service. that way every persons seat would be cold from standing and no one would have a problem sliding down. The isles would need to be big enough for people to get by without bothering their neighbor also and so there would be no need to covert the end seat.lol also if they miss the meet and greet time then they don't come in until the next service period. remember that there will always be a time where some will need to us the bathroom so this will never be solved completely.so meet and greet needs to be at least ten mins.due to lack of stalls lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 03:59 AM

"No One Will Be Seated After The First Ten Minutes of The ..."

The Ushers need to "hold" these late-comers in the back of the church (standing if they have to) until a "break in the action". Now, circumstances may dictate differently (elderly -- children -- handicapped etc.), but as a general rule -- it is not fair to those that made it on time -- to have their "worship" disturbed needlessly.

That being said...nothing bothers me while I am in The Presence of The Lord!

Except -- EarthQuakes -- Tornados.....!! Walter (:ROFL:)

Lynn74

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 12:03 PM

If I were not a Christian and already going to church I wouldn't want to after hearing how church folk view those who are doing the best they can to go to church. Instead of getting upset because someone broke your concentration, smile at them, praise God a lil harder because that's another heart making a step closer to God.

I've been to church late before. One of the kids was having a very hard morning. I could have stayed home, (many do because they don't want to feel embarrassed about arriving late). When I got there, thank God they did not make me wait till meet and greet. They let me in. The usher found me a seat next to this women, hands raised, praising God. She stopped, looked at me, and the biggest smile broke across her face. She said welcome, moved, and began to praise God. My spirit was so lifted, the spirit of God was so evident in her response. I got to enjoy ten minutes of praise myself that changed the rest of my day. Praise is a way of letting things go, you know, giving them to God. Thank God they let me in. Thank God that lady was filled with God's grace.

I'm just saying, church is a place for those aching to be with God's people. To be filled an encouraged by one another.

:D

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:22 PM

AMEN Lynn,

Come on in, the waters fine.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2010 06:14 PM

I think all the late comers should be put in the balcony then after the service they should be cast into outer darkness or invited to the evening fellowship where there will be laughter and the gnawing of teeth on fried chicken and chocolate cake! :eat::eat: :ROFL:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 10:05 PM

Amen Lynn... thank you for your input. I'm glad we can come in community with one another and share our opinions and Gods Word. We can vent, and have constructive criticism, objective and subjective. That is what being in community and fellowship is all about.

Thank you to Thunder! ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2010 10:05 PM

Jesus told HIS disciples not only HE come to save the bless but the sinners as well. I rather to help save a soul and they come 30 minutes late than get uptight and loose that soul going out the door. So when you have to move because somebody is late coming to service, You are moving over to make room for Jesus to save them and you a step closer to God and the relationship that you want from HIM :purpleangel:

God Bless :angel:

Page : 1 2