Author Thread: Entering the Air Force
Admin

Entering the Air Force
Posted : 31 Aug, 2010 09:33 AM

Hello everyone! I have a prayer request and I thought since it is about the military, this would be a good place to post it :)

I am hoping to join the Air Force in the near future. I've taken my test, and everything, then I was told yesterday by my recruiter that they cannot book anyone right now because they are waiting on people to go to basic training, which in turn will only happen when spaces in the tech schools are open.

My prayer request is simple: That God would guide and use me according to His will, and that if His will is still for me to join the AF that I would have the patience to endure this wait, as patience is very hard for me. Sounds funny perhaps but, I am being honost! On the other hand, I want to join very much so giving up on this is not something I want to do.

Also, please pray that God would help me to use this waiting time in a manner that would please Him. I'll be honost, I feel a bit useless at the moment, with just working a part time job and not going to school, I have a lot of free time. I would like to get involved in some charity work or something to help pass the time but also to serve Him.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I very much appreciate your prayers. God bless you all!

View Profile
History
Entering the Air Force
Posted : 13 Sep, 2010 07:35 PM

Keep us posted on success.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Entering the Air Force
Posted : 17 Oct, 2010 07:00 PM

I can tell you it will be worth the wait. I enjoyed my Air Force career.

While you're waiting to join...take some college classes, even one or two. The military today encourages (almost requires) a college education. Your tech school(s) will count towards an associate degree, you can earn an Associate Degree through the Community College of the Air Force. You might even take some ROTC courses...they will help you prepare for basic...or maybe you'll decide to complete your college education and receive a commission.

Also, find a ministry to serve in...there are homeless shelters, nursing homes, local schools, etc that can always use a willing volunteer. The Air Force (and other services) encourage this type of volunteering...most units sponsor a local school sending volunteers for tutoring, etc.

Start working out now, too. Run a mile and a half, do push ups, sit ups, etc in preparation for the physical fitness portion of basic.

Research the different career fields available in the Air Force...have an idea of what you want to pursue, not necessarily what the recruiter might tell you.

Best to you...

View Profile
History
Entering the Air Force
Posted : 28 Oct, 2010 01:36 PM

teach has some excellent ideas.

Get in as a best a shape as you can now...both physically and mentally especially the Physical.

God Bless!

And my prayers go with you.

View Profile
History
Entering the Air Force
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 05:25 PM

I don't know if you have already gone to basic, but I suggest you get out of that vile organization called the military. There is absolutely NOTHING godly about it. I know. I was part of the problem called the military.

View Profile
History
Entering the Air Force
Posted : 3 Nov, 2010 02:18 PM

Sister, i hope all goes well for you.God Bless you and protect you. The Old testament has many fine examples of warriiors.

Nothing wrong with the military.Dennis