Author Thread: Does any one have suggestions on how to be a single parent and have time to even think about finding your sould mate?
Admin

Does any one have suggestions on how to be a single parent and have time to even think about finding your sould mate?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 01:07 PM

I don't usually go online and chat. But I am trying this out fo the first time. Being a parent takes so much time from me. How do the rest of you find some time for your self. I have three kids and have been a single mom for many years. I have been trying to just wait on the Lord to find my soul mate but I has been so hard especially when all of your time is taken by your children.

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Does any one have suggestions on how to be a single parent and have time to even think about finding your sould mate?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 03:43 PM

Keep Christ first in your life, dear one, and everything else will fall into place. He will make a way where there seems to be none!

God Bless You,

Deborah

:angel:

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 06:37 PM

I was a single mom for a 2 yr.-old son, and as he got older, I found that God worked out time for me to seek His will. As a single parent for 10 years, I took advantage of the time that he spent with his dad to work on things/people I was interested in. I prayed for 10 years that God would send me a good Christian man who would be a good Christian influence on him.

I LEARNED THE HARD WAY THAT I SHOULD HAVE LET - GOD - SEND HIM TO ME INSTEAD OF- MY LOOKING - FOR THE BEST HUSBAND AND FATHER.

I was blessed in so many ways during the 10 years when it was just my son and me. Enjoy every minute that you have with your child/children. Money could never buy the happiness that I shared with my son during those years.

My son is now 23, I am divorced, and I get so lonely. I just recently have learned what it's like to apply "Tough Love". I had to make him move out of my apt., and I had to take his vehicle away from him due to his not working hard enough to get a job. It has taken so long for me to realize that I have been giving him too much and therefore,have been enabling him to depend on others to pay his "way through life". With God's help, I know that my son will grow up and take more responsibility for his choices. I pray every day that he will realize that he needs God in His life.

yary

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2008 06:25 PM

It is very hard... and I guess we just have to keep praying. I would love to find my soulmate. My daughters are 12 and 15.. so not so much time for myself. But I joined this web in hopes to find him!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2008 07:12 PM

I waited almost 4 yrs until I first joined a dating site, this one to be exact. Actually just 2 weeks ago! I knew I didn't have the time or energy for a relationship up until that time. I think it's those tough lonely years that God's presence is soooo important to make it through and that is exactly what He wants. Yes, we kick and scream that His timing has GOT to be wrong, but in the end we will see, that once again, He did know what He was doing! :) Hang in there everyone! And remember, the grass is often greeener on the other side of the fence?!?!?!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Aug, 2008 11:24 PM

Depending on the Church you attend, you can always participate in the different single event's, or another suggestion is to have a date night with a Christian brother whom also may have kids, and plan a date that include the children(movie night,pizza party,amusement park, sporting events,etc).. Its true to continue praying that God send someone to you, but who knows.. He may have put that special person in your path, and you just haven't notice him yet...just keep in mind that satan schemes is always at work, so be watchful....know what type of man you want in your life, and when praying for him, be specific...as single parents purity is always a issue, so try dating in pairs,with other singles Christians planning a picnic seem to workout pretty well...or even planning a bowling date is always fun..whatever you do always stay strong in your faith, and keep God first in everything you do...:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 01:20 PM

Raising children as a single parent can be very challenging and even though we have the sounds of laughter and the pitter patter of feet through out our homes...it can also be a very lonely time....but I believe it is our first job to be the best parent that God would have us to be...remember these precious ones belong to him...he has just loaned them to us for a season...and we must do the best we can while we have them....Our least concern as a single parent should be another SO other in our life...God knows our hearts and he also knows our desires and HE said HE would give us the desires of our hearts....HE also said HE would be our husband ...best friend...brother ...Abba father(daddy)....in time of need....but I realize it doesn't erase the fact that we get lonely at times....Stay focused on God and In HIS time you will be blessed....In His Service...Angel:angel:

claire1975

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2008 06:34 AM

i find it important just to take time out from my routine. I am lucky my church helps out with babysitting for me so i can get out once a month. Not sure yet how u find christian single men as i dont know that many BUT where God is involved all things are possible

mano

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2008 06:08 PM

yes, i do but i'm a man with two little girls and i do understand what you mean. If you make good friends and be honest. Your friends would tell others. But for you it would be easy, but for me it is not because i'm a male. And women don't want a man with kids.:glow:

angelnoh35

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2008 07:39 AM

I am a single mom of three wonderful kids. I have been in a couple of very hurtful relationships. I have been single for three years now and am praying for the right man in my life. Just be patient hazeleyes. Don;t get so desparate that you take your eyes off of jesus. He will bring the right one at the right time. Look to the Lord always. Follow his path and his ways and he will give you the desires of your heart. It is hard, I know, but we have to pray and trust God. In the meantie, live life to the fullest and just enjoy being with your kids.

:angel:::glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2009 07:24 PM

I can truly empathize with you there. I am a single-mom of a 6 year old little boy. And I agree with you 100% , as a single-parent , I don't get out much either.

except in the summer months then I take my little boy to the lake.We have a blast.:yay:

I will be praying for you and your family.

Godbless,

Arlena

Page : 1 2