Author Thread: Feeling lonely and undesirable. Needing advice.
Admin

Feeling lonely and undesirable. Needing advice.
Posted : 25 Oct, 2010 04:55 AM

I know that our Heavenly Father watches over and cares for my children and I, but I miss having a companion and partner. What man would willingly take on a woman with three children. I rely on God's strength to get me through each and every day. I can't imagine anyone choosing to be with me when the package is so complex. Will I be alone the rest of my life? I cry out to the Lord often for a husband, best friend, companion, and Godly role model for my boys. Who could handle my life, let alone want to be part of it? Should I just accept being single the rest of my life?

luvinjesus319

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Oct, 2010 12:45 PM

Im so sorry to read about this season you are going through...

These are a few things that came to my mind as I was reading ..

Our faith displays most in our times of trials... And the Lord only said that it be as small as a mustard seed to move a mountain. When things are going great, what do we need to have faith in... things are great. Faith is belief not based on proof..its being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....

While I know there are def men that dont feel called for a ready made family, or just dont want the responsibility (this site has proved that for me) I also know several men who would LOVE to have children as part of the package. I have a very good friend who for him, while not looking for woman with kids, would not complain if it happened that way because he can have none of his own. I have another friend who just loves kids period. So dont be discouraged about that. The RIGHT man will love you AND your kids and embrace them from the start. Your "husband" should love you as Christ does and Christ relishes on you AND your kids :)

Also, the Bible says it is not good for us to be alone so unless you are called and feel peace about being single I would say have FAITH there is someone for you. Gods promises are not for everyone but you, you are part of it!

My season of feeling lonely and undesirable was when I also felt the Lord call me to purity and giving up the "worldly" idea of dating and over the next few years was when I learned the most of the Lord, and my character was developed and shaped and God did some working on me. Always remember your worth and beauty in CHRIST is whats important, not the worlds eyes

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 04:01 AM

Thank you so much for blessing me with your response. It was just what I needed to hear. This "season" has lasted for some time now. I guess He is still working on me. I will continue to pray, have faith, and work on being patient. God Bless you.

Sarah

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2010 08:08 AM

Sarah, luvinJesus gave you such a great response that there is little I could add other than to encourage you and tell you that although you are walking a lonely path, you are not alone. There are others of us that have walked/are walking through the same season.

In loneliness, it can be easy to base your desirability on the world's standards...but, that is not our case. Our identity is in Christ. And, to Him, you and your children are infinitely valuable and eternally loved. He will be faithful to see to all your needs. God's peace and blessings...you and your children will be in my prayers. :-)

Mercymay

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 07:00 PM

Dear Sarah,

My advice is continue to trust in God's will. A husband is not always a solution,you never know his presence may complicate your life and your boys' life for now.

God knew the desire of your heart and believe he will provide you with that right man at the right time. Trust God has been to your future and what is happening right now is happening for a reason.

"What man would willing take on a woman with three children?" It seems hard/impossible but believe there is someone out there who will do at the right season. A godly woman with three fine children is better than an ungodly childless one. For now I hope you are enjoying your time with your children, lead them by example, don't despair, be strong even if you feel weak, also draw joy from their presence. Parenting is real hard, single parenting is even harder. But there is worst parenting environment, and that is two parents always fighting that single parenthood is much much better environment.

Lift up to God your worries, involve your kids on everyday decision making. Let them know what you feel, what you hope for, and in no time you will be emotionally contented with them that to have a husband is good, to have none is good as well, all according to God's will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2010 08:49 PM

Well my prayers for you. I know there are other people in your position as well. My mom was single with 6 children. But God fixed it so that when she pursued Him and His will, she happened to find a husband along the way. Now they're both pastors. I just wanted to encourage you. It may seem like something far away but continue to be strong!

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2010 04:42 PM

Hey Sarah, don't give up there are a lot men that would love to have a wife with kids. My divorce cost me my three children and they were so important to me. Though they could never be replaced having children around would help ease the pain. You are truly blessed because you do have your children and you are not totaly alone. You wake up and have the blessing of having them there with you. You have a lot to offer that lucky guy that does come, so don't get down on yourself, you are still very young. God will bring someone in your life in his perfect timing.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2010 12:42 AM

Thank you. It helps to hear that I am not alone. Even though I know I am not the only one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2010 12:46 AM

Thank you all for your encouragement and you are right, maybe a man/ husband would complicate things right now.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2010 08:39 AM

Never give up first of all!! I have felt the way you do and know God can and will bring it to pass!! A good friend of mine has been a single mom of 2 girls for a long time and 2 years ago God brought a wonderful Godly man into her life and they just married. He also was raising 2 children alone. SHe thought it would never happen and, when she gave up and left it all to God, it happened. She said it was well worth the wait! I hope this encourages you, as it did me!!

chakal

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2010 10:13 AM

Everyone in some time of his life lonely and undesirable, and it is not related to having children, so I prefer to see them as a blessing for you and your life...

most people nowadays are materialistic...and who know maybe your children could be the cause that would bring you a true man that would love both of you. so keep your faith strong in God's will sister :angel:

Page : 1 2