Author Thread: My kids are my #1 priority in life
rainbowian

View Profile
History
My kids are my #1 priority in life
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 10:16 AM

First, I'm not trying to attack or judge anyone in any way. Just looking to gain some insight. With that said:

If someone writes on their profile that, "My kids are my #1 priority in life", is it a good idea for that person to be on a dating site? I can't see a somebody wanting to enter into a relationship where they would be at best #2 in the other person's life.

If someone wants to have their kids as their #1 priority, I respect that. It just doesn't seem likely to result in a successful dating relationship.

WorkWise

View Profile
History
My kids are my #1 priority in life
Posted : 13 Apr, 2011 03:05 PM

I think anyone getting into a relationship is going to understand the importance of the other person's children. But there needs to balance out at some point in the relationship. Personally, I can't date someone who makes me feel like I'm last priority in her schedule. At some point I need to be bumped up higher to a higher level. No one wants to be frequently reminded or made to feel like they aren't the most important person to the one they love. When we're young and don't have kids, our parents are important to us, but we still manage to make time and find ways to make the other feel special. But when kids are involved, suddenly parents get posessive and expect the person they date to just accept that the kids MUST be around all the time. When I date, I do NOT take my son with me. He's 3 and very jealouse of my time. If a relationship advances to a point where we're spending more time together with eachother families, then at THAT point it's good to start involving the kids. But absolutely NOT at the very beginning.

Page : 1 2