Author Thread
FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Deliverance from Bondage
Posted : 12 Jul, 2023 06:39 PM

Titus 3 1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men. 9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Miracles
Posted : 8 Feb, 2022 05:44 PM

Thanks for the encouraging post Moonlight. I am just so glad that God still works even though men may doubt.

Mark 5:35-43 "While He was still speaking, some came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?”

36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.” 37 And He permitted no one to follow Him except Peter, James, and John the brother of James. 38 Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly. 39 When He came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.”

40 And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying. 41 Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, “Talitha, cumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” 42 Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years of age. And they were overcome with great amazement. 43 But He commanded them strictly that no one should know it, and said that something should be given her to eat."

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
WWJD
Posted : 5 Feb, 2022 07:31 AM

James 4:11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
WWJD
Posted : 4 Feb, 2022 05:57 PM

I will admit personally that the reason I stopped posting here is because someone started accusing me and calling me names. The Lord Jesus said in John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” Romans 8:32-34 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:39 PM

Thanks all for the wisdom and correction. In regards to how both men and women behave. I think ultimately as Christians, there is only One we are ultimately accountable to and that is God and His Written and Living Word, Jesus Christ, our Lord. I have also recently seen some youtube videos talking about indoctrination through media (tv, news, movies, schools...). I had to wonder do all of those sources sometimes influence our thoughts and ideas on what is appropriate or what is not. If like Oscar Wilde said, "life imitates art far more than art imitates life", what are we imitating from that art?

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:36 PM

Thanks all for the wisdom and correction. In regards to how both men and women behave. I think ultimately as Christians, there is only One we are ultimately accountable to and that is God and His Written and Living Word, Jesus Christ, our Lord. I have also recently seen some youtube videos talking about indoctrination through media (tv, news, movies, schools...). I had to wonder do all of those sources sometimes influence our thoughts and ideas on what is appropriate or what is not. If like Oscar Wilde said, "life imitates art far more than art imitates life", what are we imitating from that art?

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Your thoughts ?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:09 PM

Agreed and I think that's a talk that every couple should have when entering a dating relationship to make sure they are both in agreement.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Cheating
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:06 PM

I think if you both agree to not see other people and then you do, then its cheating or at least its lying. I personally would feel like I was cheating if I was in a dating relationship with a woman and then went out with another lady. I think it would be better to just be friends with boundaries and not to date if you feel like you want to go out with other people. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship like that. I remember once I walked went to a movie theater with a brother in Christ once and while we were sitting there, a lady I thought I was dating walking in with another man. It bothered me so much that I left.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 04:58 PM

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
The Changeless Christ
Posted : 19 Nov, 2021 06:13 PM

Acts 9:1 Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.

3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”

Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. [a]It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”

Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

7 And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one. 8 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Page : 1 2 3