Author Thread
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Membership
Posted : 27 Jan, 2024 09:04 AM

Yes they will loose us. I'm gonna leave in a few days or weeks depending on how my dating is progressing.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Considering dating this guy.
Posted : 26 Jan, 2024 07:10 AM

I have started dating this guy. He traveled to my town last weekend, and spent time with me disclosing most of the issues that could be dealbreakers. He stayed in a hotel for anyone worried that he stayed with me. He has changed a lot since I knew him back in 2022, and he is mature in a new way. I will not decide weather or not we will become a couple or not yet, because of the distance and the fact that we had 3 dates in 3 days, but have to wait some time to meet again. I think I have been wring in some of my assumptions and considerations in my original post. I won't higlight all of it, but I don't think there are too many warning signals. We have talked through some of the huge ones.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Membership
Posted : 26 Jan, 2024 07:06 AM

I change communication over to e-mail or even social media like facebook messenger, snapchat ect. if I am interested in getting to know someone outside of the 3-5 first messages.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Membership
Posted : 25 Jan, 2024 10:20 AM

Yes. I get 5 messages every day I think. I haven't been too bothered as I can use other platforms.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
General female standards.... especially high value females
Posted : 15 Jan, 2024 08:53 PM

It is a bit early to go to councelling after texting/talking with a man since late December 2023. I have informed my mentors about the situation and asked them to pray over us that we will be wise in the time that we are in.

If things vill develop I might seek some pre-marital councelling from someone I know to be wise and conservative. At least in my region I know a few couples that would qualify to give advice. Things are going slow, but we will meet up this weekend as he is flying in. Boundaries are set up. (He is staying at a hotel) and we have decided not to rush so that even if things don't work out we can part as "friends" although contact will cease.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jan, 2024 07:18 AM

I don't think our relation is perfect, but it is potential. He is definately not my project. He is a 42 year old man who can make his own decisions. He say that he would want my advice on things like what outfit to wear, and decorating in his apartment ect. But I won't allow him to be dependent on me in those areas and stop making his own decicions. If we at one point get married and he leaves for work before I get out of bed, I won't get up to choose his outfit. I might teach him some cooking stuff, but he has so much life experience, and skills that I don't have, both with computers, from books, history, movies, music, and other stuff. I also figured out that he has some investments in the stock market. I don't know much about that, but he tried to explain how some of them failed, but he has some still that could potentially not fail.

He is the one setting up clear boundaries for when we meet on Friday, and also he is the one who will decide the pace moving forward. He is clear on wanting to take things slow.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jan, 2024 11:54 AM

Yes I understand. I am being cautious about this as he has been mentioning how I "have everything" and he feels like he can't contribute that much. I am currently focusing on building him up verbally by telling him what he has, because it is a lot. I got to see his heart. He is ambitious in his own ways, he will always be a true gentleman because of his upbringing. He has a solid relationship with his family. He has friends and a right mind for christian family through church. I love his mind. He is so nerdy and funny. I also know he will decay, and so will I. If I couldn't laugh with him so much I think I would have been more scared of the future. We can talk without arguing, and he is respecting my views, but clear when he disagrees. We talk about a lot of things, and if we agree on what town to live in, things can start rolling. (I offered to move, and he is kind of offering back...)

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jan, 2024 07:04 AM

I did find my solution as it seems. I am a traditional woman in all ways except I don't want kids, I am now 35 and I am "full figured". I found a man without that many options, someone who has been rejected by other women, but still hasn't given up. I chose someone in his 40s who has spent his 20s and most of his 30s just figuring things out without really aiming for dating. Lately he has been looking for a wife, but has had some unfortunate interactions with women in his church. He is just looking for his peace at this moment, and I am providing him with that.

I make $17.000 more than him a year, and I cook, clean, own a car ect. If we keep on dating and get married I will probably relocate to him because my job is more flexible, and he will be the leader of our household. I will respect him and be my best self so that I can be happy in the relationship as well. He provides me safety and protection, and he is a great conversation partner. He likes me for who I am and finds me cute. If that is sufficient this might be a solution for women who have too high standards to find a man these days.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
A Scenario for the Ladies
Posted : 8 Jan, 2024 07:54 AM

So to take things back there. If you and your brother both are interested in this woman and she has been entertaining both of you simultaneously I think you both should avoid her. She smells like trouble. Maybe not now, but possibly down the line. She might turn her hed after the next handsome man showing her attention or promising her a more sufficient provision or protection.

There is a saying that if you are interested in someone, and then you get interested in someone else as well, you weren't truly interested in the first one because then your blinders would have been on to prevent you from noticing the next person.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
What does Genesis 3:16 “your desire will be for your husband…”, mean?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 12:15 AM

It is possibly much deeper than this but I believe it is about loyalty, trust and physical desire for the husband.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6