Author Thread: struggling with faith
Admin

struggling with faith
Posted : 9 Aug, 2011 06:39 PM

hey there

I am really struggling with my faith and not sure how to go back and fix what has happend in my life.

Does anyone here have any adivce

Plus does anyone else ever get the feeling that the world seem to be giving them a tough time with every thing it throws at you

thanks for reading

bless

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 04:07 AM

The best thing to do is to keep moving forward. I'm not sure what's messed up in your life that you need to fix, but if your able you can certainly try. I also feel sometimes things in my life ends in random disaster. When they do happen i let God be my limit breaker. :glow:

2 Corinthians:

12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

12:10 "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Luke 1:

37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Also you should know suffering is also apart of God's character, or rather longsuffering. So your definitely not alone.

Galatians 5:

22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

23 "Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

----------

When i think of the things Jesus done for us & the things he's soon to do for us, in the end everything will be fine. :applause:

Revelation 21:

3-5 "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

I hope this helps, God bless!

teach_ib

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 10 Aug, 2011 09:28 PM

Ella,

We wouldn't be human if we didn't struggle with faith sometimes. Often times Satan uses our past to keep us from moving forward. We can't 'fix' our past except by getting it under the blood of Christ.

If you've done something wrong, know that Chriat will forgive you...no matter what!

1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all righteousness."

If someone has wronged us, we have to forgive them even if they are not 'sorry' for what they've done. If not, bitterness can set in.

When I go through the valleys of life, I often turn to the book of Job. Despite all that happened to him, he kept his faith. I figure nothing I've been through comes close to what happened to him and his wife.

Keep praying and reading the Bible through the challenging times. God is still there for you no matter what!

Prayers and blessings to you

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 11 Aug, 2011 05:48 AM

"There is no gain without struggle." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Many who seem to be struggling with adversity are happy; many, amid great affluence, are utterly miserable." - Tacitus

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."" - Erma Bombeck

"Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied." - Douglas Adams

"Everything that occurs in your life is part of God's plan to wake you up." - Leonard Jacobson

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I pretended to be." - John J Gyurcsik (me)

"Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But I say, "The unchallenged faith is not worth sharing. For just as vigorous exercise causes microscopic tears in muscle, and fractures in bones which then grow back stronger than before, so does having our faith in things challenged, struck, shaken, and scutinized, after which, it reforms stronger precisely because it was attacked."" also me

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 11 Aug, 2011 05:41 PM

Ella,

Having Doubts about something that is a Mystery to you�something that you cannot �Hold in your Hand��something that is to be Believed in FAITH � Blindly � Unseen�is almost Impossible to do.

Every Great Christian that you can think of, at One Time or other�DOUBTED their Faith! They All Wondered at one time or other if it was True�if they had made a Mistake?

Even Jesus Christ Himself had His Moment.

Matthew 27:46

New International Version (NIV)

46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, �Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?� (which means �My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?�).[b]

So you see�no one is Immune to Despair.

It is what you do at moments like this that Decide your Future�that form your �Spiritual BackBone�.

Think back to a Time in your Life when you found yourself in a similar Situation; �How did you come out of it�what did you do or not do that brought you through it?�

My answer is of course very Simplistic because I know not the Circumstances, but the �Gist� of what I am saying is

�Calm your Heart�

�Sit somewhere that is Quiet�Serene�

�And lay your Head on Christ�s Shoulder�

�Tell Him your Situation�then�Just LISTEN!�

Open your Heart to Him that HEALS ALL and just Be!

Christ Gives us All a PEACE that cannot be taken away by Anyone�but�US!

Peace Be With You!

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 12:52 PM

The world hates us. Consequently, our days are full of trouble. But, our merciful savior gives us the grace to survive in this hostile world until He calls us home to be with Him.

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 12:59 PM

Jeff, man, where the heck are you coming from ? Stay in the biblical context. We are talking about a Christian who is losing ground in a spiritual battle. The same battle I face and fight everyday on this God cursed planet. Stop quoting the sayings of pagans an other questionable Christians. Please!

AllforGod417

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 23 Aug, 2011 05:15 PM

What ever you are going through, is going to prepare you and mold you for what God has planned for you. I firmly believe when we struggle with our faith, it's our trust in God that is not where it should be. I honeslty fast and pray or pray and get in the presence of God. Stay in the word of God, you are far from alone in these type of matters. Take hold of the promises God has for you and embrace them, trust them, believe in them and live them.

give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus-1Thessolonians 5:18

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 26 Aug, 2011 04:26 AM

There are two battles in faith.

One that is guided by the satan.... to take you away from God.

And one that is guided by God Himself, to shape and mold you in order to draw you closer to Him

You should not confuse the two.:stop:

If you interpret and acknowledge the events in your life, that the world is out to get you, that nothing is going well, that it is all going bad... then you are already on the trail of the first mentioned battle and YOU SHOULD GET OUT, because the next step in that process is: where is G-d and why is He not doing anything. And it is exactly in that corner, that you will be an easy prey to the satan

Yet if you, with all your strength, from the bottom of your heart and mind, can confess out loud that you entrust yourself to G-d for He knows what He is doing and He does not have to change His mind because He overlooked something, and He does not make any mistake...... and that even in the most absurd ways, He is in charge and you are willing to be drawn closer to Him....

then...

your battle will not be less difficult but you are fighting the right one; one that many christians are fighting, and one that you will keep fighting your whole life - yet with the blessing, guidance and strength through our Lord Jesus Christ.

:waving:

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 26 Aug, 2011 08:49 AM

SOS:

I am a spiritual warrior. I love the battle field. I love the fighting! It is what I am called to do and I do it with zeal. Consequently, I have a hard time understanding why Christian's shrink from the battles of life . What in God's name did they think they it was going to be like when they became a Christian? The world hates our Lord. The world hates us! We are feeling that hate. Stop wanting to be accepted and loved by the world it is evil-Love God, please Him , do His will and unspeakable joy shall fill your heart and mind. But, if anyone who claims to be a Christian continues to be double minded by seeking the approval of the world they will continue to suffer.

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
struggling with faith
Posted : 29 Aug, 2011 07:01 AM

Itasca

No... I am sorry, you will not find a mate in me I am afraid....

I believe that G-d does not expect us to be warriors... but witnesses.

A witness to testify of His incredible Love and tremendous compassion and mercy.

Following Jesus (which I think the word christian means) is not the path of a warrior but the path of a servant.

It is not the fighting.... It is the loving that we are called out to do as He can only be found in a heart transformed by love.

The difficulty is not the fighting.... we can all fight. The challenge is the loving.... as He taught us

Thou shalt love thy God

with all thy heart,

all thy mind,

all thy soul and

with all thy strength

and thy neighbour as thyself.

By one thing we will be recognized as His followers.... that the love is amongst us.

The above just as a reaction to your posting addressed to me.

:waving::waving:

Page : 1 2