Author Thread: equally yoked a christ centered marriage
friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
equally yoked a christ centered marriage
Posted : 25 Oct, 2011 02:15 PM

:waving:hi everyone want to leave the topic open for discussion ....anythoughts scripture please stop by feel free to commment

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2011 07:13 AM

Men are to love their wife as Christ loved the church and Gavehimself up for it..A christ-centered marriage takes work and dedication on both parties as not to give place to the enemy in the marriage..

A willingness to work out problems together..and to apologize to each other when wrong..those are the things that created a loving happy marriage that lasts a lifetime.

Communication is the foundation that builds trust and intimacy in a marriage...and promotes an inseperable bond..shutting down on each other also gives place to the enemy..

It takes two to have a marriage that is Christ-centered and is equally yoked. Romans 3:23 says that we all have sinned and fallen short of Gods Glorious standard of perfection...but paul says we are to strive for it..food for thought anyway..Blessings in Christ...FF

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 12:40 AM

a person has a choice (power) to honor their spouse and give self-fufillment into them.

or a person has a choice or power to cut into their spouse by use of sarcasm.

recommitment means romance...this is very powerful because it is not based on conditions or feelings.

Respecting your spouse means recommitting your self to them daily. By showing value and uncondtional love to honor each other.

Respecting honors the spirit:

1. couple submits through reverence/mutual submission.

2. husband leads through romance . Through serving and treasuring his wife.(as Christ loved the church Ephesians 7).

Through sacrificing.

The husaband initiates the cycle of romance and mutual respect by self-sacrifice .

3. The wife reciprocates then through respect for her husband.

4. a couple truly bonds to one another through a mutual awe of Jesus Christ and what He did for the church.

A christ-centered marriage models to the world how Christ gavve himself to the church.

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 03:34 PM

a husband...

A husband is that special man you could write a book about,

the one you love to be with and could not do without.

a husband is a gentle look a hand within your own;

He always makes you proud to feel your his and his alone.

A husband understands your moods and laughs at things you say: He see you when you are your worst yet loves you anyway.

A husband is the one you kiss and make up with again

when theres sometimes a difference of opinion now and then.

He is that special man who shares all that your dreaming of

and gives a magic meanikng to the wonder that is love.

akothmikal

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2012 10:46 PM

Wow! I love who a husband is meant to be. I found my love here and l want to know more on how to submit to him as my husband to be, l love him so much but am working on myself. Please teach the areas on how to submit as Godly wife should. Thanks and God bless you.

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2012 07:39 PM

thanks so much for the kind words, I am going through a second divorce which I am not wanting but there seems to be no way out of this one, I wanted so much to be the wife for my husband and to be there for his kids , but I feel as if I failed him and his kids I tried so hard to be a part of his family and life , I was trying to please everyone and ended up losing him because I was overwhelmed with the responsibilty of being a new step-parent. I begged him before he sent me away, for us to talk to the pastor . It did me no good, now I am wondering what God is trying to show me in all this, I filed for my divorce in febuary and in July will become final, I ask that all who reads this post to please remember me in prayer, many blessings....FF

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2012 07:42 PM

Many blessings to you and your husband ..ff

akothmikal

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2012 11:26 AM

I'l truely do a prayer for you. Please write me and let me know how it goes. [email protected]

God bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Nov, 2012 06:21 AM

Good post!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 10:44 PM

Thank you sis,

My ex moving on with someone new...I met him on this site and thought he was the one ..now I am facing living my life without the one person I thought God wanted me to be with. It has been really tough the past two years but God is really working through my pain now to make a change in me in my heart.

Part of me still misses him the part that I struggle with everyday but God has been showing me I need not to place a band aid on a gashing wound God is healing is slow but I know God knows what he is doing as long as I step back and allow him to work in my heart and life and not try to fix it this time.

I will always wish him the best, it is funny how being on this site makes me remember our courtship and how special things used to be between us...still keep me in prayer because I need God to help me to learn to be content in being single and how to just let go of my fears and insecurities and relax and just trust him:glow: Many blessings in Christ...Godsway72...my handle has changed along with my heart and life because now I choose to do things Gods way instead of my own.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 10:50 PM

thank you..Godsway72