Author Thread: single parents sometimes lonely
leen48

View Profile
History
single parents sometimes lonely
Posted : 25 Mar, 2014 11:13 PM

I am a single parent for almost 8 years, sometimes I feel lonely, not just because my husband died but with some other things that sometimes i end up one night lonely because my kids are grown up and they have their own life... I just cry at night talking to God that someday he will take out this loneliness in my heart...

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2014 08:16 AM

Hello leen 48! am also a single mom of three... I am 34 years of age.. you know what it's okay... u are not alone to feel like that. But always remember that in the midst of loneliness, emptiness God is the only one who we can cling to.. i don't know the answer either but you can get through it my dear friend. :glow:

myharmony

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2014 02:58 AM

Being alone is just a season in our life. This season will also pass, we just need to focus on God.

I am a single mom to a 17 year old boy and I have not been in a relationship for 17 years too. It wasn't a choice, I have been praying and waiting for 17 years and there are moments of loneliness. I just remind myself that I am in God's hands and He knows exactly what I feel. He feels my tears and any unspoken words of my heart.

Just continue to Delight yourself in the Lord, and in His time, He will give you the desires of your heart.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2014 01:12 PM

I like the way you are but, sometiemes, I have seen loneliness with the company of a multitude, as it could be on a blog or a forum...

I�m glad your profile seemed to be real (and active).

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2016 10:40 PM

Loneliness is not the absence of a person but the ego trying to fulfill it's own desires. Find out what desires you are trying to entertain and ask why another person ought to fulfill them? You may find that you have to give to/serve/help a man before a man gives to you....

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2017 03:05 AM

Yes its lonely but remember these are some of the weapons the devil uses to attack us. Stop crying, you worsen you situation. Lets show the devil that we are not his candidates, we are children of God. So when this lonelines comes worship the Lord, pray, read the bible and thank Him. We are still single because God knows what best for us. Glory be to God

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2017 03:41 AM

Every situation has positive and negative sides. In our situation let us concentrate on the positive side. There is a reason why God chose us to be here. Let us seek for spiritual wisdom and revelation to know God better. He will always lead us where His glory is. Just put your pertition before the Lord and let it be unto His will. Ladies we are really blessed.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2018 02:55 PM

I can relate to the op as that is my current situation, obviously as a parent your happy to see your children spreading their wings, but yes it can be very lonely at times.

Page : 1 2 3