Author Thread: single parents sometimes lonely
leen48

View Profile
History
single parents sometimes lonely
Posted : 25 Mar, 2014 11:13 PM

I am a single parent for almost 8 years, sometimes I feel lonely, not just because my husband died but with some other things that sometimes i end up one night lonely because my kids are grown up and they have their own life... I just cry at night talking to God that someday he will take out this loneliness in my heart...

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2014 08:20 PM

don't cry

:nicenurse:

SCKA

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Apr, 2014 05:12 AM

Being single is a special way that God uses to get our attention. Sometimes we are too busy with our lives that it is impossible to hear the voice of the lord.

I must admit it is not easy but you keep depending on the strength of the lord during the lows of life.

I have been single for 12 years, and it is during this time that I have enjoyed the greatest fellowship with the lord. I have learned how to pray, intercede for others, done ministry and many things that I would not have otherwise done if I was married.

God knows our deepest desire and he says he will answer our prayers.

Be blessed

blessedmom

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2014 02:01 PM

It hasn't been 8 years for me but, I am very lonely. I have my kids so it seems strange to say I am lonely... but, I am.

SeekandListen

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2014 09:17 AM

It's not strange at all to feel lonely although your kids are with you. I, too, get lonely even with my kids here because I miss having an adult male around to talk to me, listen to me, and just spend time with me.

SunshineAnn

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2014 10:31 AM

Hello, I just wanted to encourage you to keep Faith that God holds our future. I can relate, I have been a single parent for over ten years, and you would think I would be use to it by now... but as you mention... seeing the kids getting older makes me realize that soon they will be out of the door and I will be left alone. I thank God for holding me together many nights. Be blessed!

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2014 12:26 AM

Yes sometimes its lonely,but we count our blessings and have lots of hope for the future.

There is a big difference in 'lonely' and 'alone'.

One can be alone and not lonely at all.And other times be with alot of people around you and yet very lonely.

Every human being regardless of how strong in faith,needs some touch of love.appreciation,protection...

When we miss these is when we get lonely and its normal.

But we need to pray and ask God to help us feel His presence around us always.Also to know that He is always there with us.

And when the right time comes He will bring along that special person to love,appreciate and protect us.

I have been alone and not dating at all for 17 years and I know what it means,but I thank God for the far He has brought me.

GOD BLESS YOU SISTERS AND OUR BROTHERS TOO...AND MAY HE TAKE AWAY ALL LONELINESS....

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2014 10:34 AM

Well! I�m not somebody�s answer and, recently I failed the target and loved someone who I thought would last and i seldom cried in my loneliness.

I can live in the middle of this unachieving life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2014 06:52 PM

Oh, I'm with ya, sister and can relate 100%. I have a daughter at home but know she will move out and have a family of her own. I have been single 8 years. I never dreamed I would be single for this length of time. I see friends and family members go through the loss of a spouse, either by death or divorce and they have met another. Meanwhile, I am still single. Last weekend, my daughter was away and the loneliness factor really creeped in my thoughts. I went online to our Live Chat room and it helped. Others even prayed for me...as I was very depressed. Try not to dwell on it and busy yourself but when it becomes too much, just go to the Live Chat Room. Many are in the same situation. Prayers to you, my Sister in Jesus Christ.

Lani K

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2014 07:28 PM

I'm newly single for the past couple of years, after twenty+ years of marriage. I find it extraordinarily lonely! My former husband left my children and I after a long affair with another woman, and even though I'm crazy about my kids, it's not their job to be my intimate companions. A single parent is put into a very lonely situation, not designed by God. It's tremendously difficult.

A man or woman, however, cannot be our savior. That is for Christ alone. We must allow ourselves time to heal, whether widowed, single, or divorced.

My dilemma is: Can a Christian dating site be a good place to meet a safe friend? I struggle with this. My loneliness is too overpowering for me to think very clearly, perhaps. I rely on His Sovereign Providence and grace to guide me through this tremendously difficult time!

All the best, single brothers and sisters! Our Lord hears our cry and desires to comfort and heal our hearts!

JulieK8

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2014 01:08 PM

I really like your point of view, thank you for posting this comment.

Page : 1 2 3