"woop" your kids
Posted : 7 Sep, 2014 11:04 PM

Does god approve of it today?

FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
"woop" your kids
Posted : 17 Sep, 2014 10:13 PM

Well it appears george solved this thread with that scripture. I guess now the question is when should we "woop" ? And when does it go to far?

View Profile
History
"woop" your kids
Posted : 18 Sep, 2014 11:13 AM

Another good "modern" way is to let them keep their devices but take away their chargers :laugh: That way they get punished and learn how bad it is to be wasteful of battery power.... and it's slow torture in the long term.

View Profile
History
"woop" your kids
Posted : 22 Oct, 2014 02:56 PM

I do smack my kids bottoms if they misbehave but there's plenty of warnings first before it gets to that stage and they're generally good kids anyway so I don't usually need to. Sure, they don't like it, but a sore bum only last a few minutes and is soon forgotten so I don't believe it's going to psychologically wreck them.

That said, my discipline doesn't follow scripture anyway - I don't even own a rod!:laugh:

View Profile
History
"woop" your kids
Posted : 24 Oct, 2014 09:52 AM

I feel the need to chime in on the conversation. I know what a "whoop" feels like and I'm going to "whoop" my kids. I grew up with a little thing called discipline and respect for my parents. Was I scared of my parents? nope. Did they abuse me? nope. That's all I have to say about it...

View Profile
History
"woop" your kids
Posted : 24 Oct, 2014 09:52 AM

I feel the need to chime in on the conversation. I know what a "whoop" feels like and I'm going to "whoop" my kids. I grew up with a little thing called discipline and respect for my parents. Was I scared of my parents? nope. Did they abuse me? nope. That's all I have to say about it...

Page : 1 2 3