Author Thread: Christians in politics
FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 13 Sep, 2014 12:34 AM

Should we sit back and let the world legislate what it wants; or should we be heavily involved? Do we still have a Christian country? How should we operate in a country that is legalizing sin every time we blink? Should we leave and look for or start a Christian country? What are your position on this issue?

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 15 Sep, 2014 06:26 AM

The apostles and Jesus were under the influence of the Jewish and Roman governments, both of which were corrupt and sinful. I don't think our government is quite as bad yet, even though it is not safe for a christian to endorse certain views. Either way, we're not supposed to shove Christianity down people's throats, or run and hide from "the world". We're called to be in the world but not of it. As far as legislation goes, I think we're supposed to vote for what we personally believe and advocate, so if we're christian, our political stance should be merciful, but holding fast to what is good.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 15 Sep, 2014 11:14 AM

That just means you don't know enough about said government. The "conspiracy nuts" have unfortunately been proven at least half true by now, the secrets are all unraveling in more and more public ways... they just almost never filter through the censors of the mass media is all.

1mountain

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 19 Sep, 2014 08:52 PM

Personally I think religion should recognize the danger of getting too involved with government. The more involved you are the more that same government can control you. We should never consider ourselves a 'Christian nation' but rather a 'nation of Christians'. As a Christian it's fine to get involved in politics but we must always remember 'give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's' and not to be too moved by the world, but to be 'in this world but not of it'. We as Christians are set apart. Interfereing with other's lives and choices is not what we're here to do. We are to lead people to the truth when they ask us to. Government is government and our faith must remain separate from it and therefore untainted by it.

jollybee

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 28 Sep, 2014 08:25 AM

Religion can not mix with politics. But its not mean christians can not get involved in politics. And when christians more involved in politics .... they should represent the voice of God, be the eyes,ears and hands for glory of God, and concerned with the needs and problems of all people (not only to a particular religion).

it's just my though :winksmile:

:waving::waving:

AriFi

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 29 Sep, 2014 01:17 PM

I agree. On the one hand we see different goals - Christianity is about how to live saintly lives, politics about how to form society for the common good. On the other, we are Christians not just at home but in the public as well.

ardenz

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 1 Oct, 2014 08:53 AM

you all have a point :)

I just hope that people in politics would exercise their being a Christian, nowadays it's rare to find politician with integrity who knows that being in that position means service to others rather than power over others.

AriFi

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 01:40 AM

I completely agree. In politics it's not easy to remain a faithful Christian.

ardenz

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 06:13 AM

thank you.. :-)

AriFi

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 3 Oct, 2014 08:20 AM

In the U.S. they have this journal called "First Things": http://www.firstthings.com/

I think they do excellent job in promotion and discussion of proper Christian engagement in politics. I don't follow the journal anymore but I used to read it a lot.

ardenz

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 01:34 AM

hello AriFi... how are u?

thanks a lot for this link, I have checked it though I haven't read much yet but I see how sensible it is! :glow:

good that you discover such page. u got a nice taste of topic, I think you're great to talk to, no dull moment..

Page : 1 2