Author Thread: Christians in politics
FocusIsEverything

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 13 Sep, 2014 12:34 AM

Should we sit back and let the world legislate what it wants; or should we be heavily involved? Do we still have a Christian country? How should we operate in a country that is legalizing sin every time we blink? Should we leave and look for or start a Christian country? What are your position on this issue?

AriFi

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:45 AM

Thank you for your kind words, Ardenz! Yes, I talk, that's true, I am a philosopher after all :-)

ardenz

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 6 Oct, 2014 03:56 AM

and it's great to know a philosopher in this site AriFi, it's always good to talk to somebody who can handle a profound conversation..

@FocusIsEverything, you got an interesting question... Well, being a real Christian is something we need to practice though it's not that easy especially for people in politics. I think that the best way to have a Christian-oriented country starts with our own selves.

AriFi

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:33 AM

We philosophers handle questions, unsually in surprising ways - as a leading contemporary ethicist said:

"You ask a philosopher a question and after he or she has talked for a bit, you don't understand your question any more." Philippa Foot

:glow:

View Profile
History
Christians in politics
Posted : 23 Oct, 2014 08:00 AM

I think it is a little bit hard to combine politics and being a Christian.

I am very active in politics in my district and in my town. I think, we as christians have the duty to change the world into a better place by using our gifts.

But usually the instruments of politicians are not very christian. It's about how the get the majority, about lying just to get power and being in charge.

People often seek for power and money not for the reason itself.

In my party are most of the people christian but they don't act like they are.

Politics are a good way to be able to change something. But as a real christian it becomes really hard when you have to push through all the people who seek power and lose the good thing about politics.

Page : 1 2