Author Thread: Am I Expecting Too Much
prov307

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Oct, 2021 10:08 PM

Ladies, am I asking for or expecting too much? It seems to me that the world wants women to be rude and tough (masculine) and also to dress and carry themselves in very unwholesome ways. I would love to meet a woman who is feminine, kind, sweet, doesn't curse, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke and dresses modestly (no tight or revealing clothes) and to want to have children. I also would like her to know how to be wise financially (as in being able to save and plan for the future and not feel the need to spend every penny on clothes...). Also while its ok to shop for clothes and want to look good, it bothers me when that seems to be a lady's hobby. Ok and good diet and health and fitness are also a plus. I appreciate any advice you can give.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 06:04 AM

Men can always have a wish list !

Who knows, you may meet a woman you wish for .

It's always nice to have a good dream anyways!

:-)

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 07:00 AM

I know lots of women who fulfill the list you mention here. (Almost all of my female friends in fact.) Even I myself fulfill the list except from not wanting kids (and not working out very much)

I think you might have to go look for them elsewhere because none of my friends are on this site.

prov307

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 08:52 AM

I have been thinking that lately maybe its better to just get more involved with church activities and that would make things easier. I was involved in a church before in a different state and there were opportunities but I moved to a different state so I guess you really have to take the opportunity when its there. So I guess the first step is to find the right church and get involved. Thank you for your reply and wisdom.

prov307

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 08:54 AM

Amen and with God all things are possible. Thanks.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 1 Nov, 2021 05:30 AM

Any man seeking a sweet Christian lady has to have something to offered her, in his character and how he carries himself as well.

Larrissa

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 5 Dec, 2021 07:24 PM

Yes, you are expecting too much since you are stereotyping "all" women and also thinking you have the right to tell us how to behave which in this day and age of equality is a turnoff.

First of all, most women believe enough in themselves as equal beings to not have the need to copy men to achieve egalitarian recognition. Why should we copy the other gender to be respected? We, are equal under Western and many other countries' laws without our needing to change anything.

Secondly being nice is not the same as being submissive. You might have confused the two.

Thirdly, it's rather patronizing and chauvinistic to tell us how to dress and spend our money. I personally spend mine on being healthy, fit, and on qualifying myself as a physician and scholar but I don't tell other adults how to spend theirs.

If you don't like women to be mannish but you don't like them to be feminine either and you have the nerve to "advise" them then you seem misogynist which would explain why they are aggressive with you. You won't get anyone that way.

How would you like us telling you how to dress and behave? Clear red flag. I've never been with an abuser, neither would I wish to be. We're not in the Victorian Era. A little respect you will find goes a long way.

You are much more in need of advice than we are.

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 12 Dec, 2021 12:37 AM

I am not a woman but let me tell you this. To women masculine behavior is artificial and does not come naturally. I am a teacher in a school and without any indoctrination or teaching or such things, girls do not like soccer that much or they do not like outdoor sports as much. Women want to be feminine, it is simply the indoctrination of the schools and media that pushes them to behave outside of themselves. But they will fall back into it very quickly especially if they meet a manly man.

TreborHG^

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 16 Dec, 2021 12:53 PM

As much as I agree about the attributes you mentioned being wrong, that are currently displayed by some women, I would put the blame on men rather than women themselves. The Lord placed man as the head of the household to lead and guide the home. Men are failing miserably at the role the Lord intended for them to fulfill.

If the shepherd is not leading the sheep, don't be surprised if the sheep go astray. If men are not guiding the home, don't be shocked when the women and children go their own way. If men were ruling the home how God intended; constantly reading the bible with their family, taking the whole family to church, etc. women wouldn't be acting this way.

Women think it's ok to "dress and carry themselves in very unwholesome ways" because their fathers didn't chastise them and now their husbands don't chastise them either.

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 20 Dec, 2021 10:11 AM

Couldn’t agree with Larrissa more!!!

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 04:58 PM

Thanks all for the wisdom and correction. In regards to how both men and women behave. I think ultimately as Christians, there is only One we are ultimately accountable to and that is God and His Written and Living Word, Jesus Christ, our Lord. I have also recently seen some youtube videos talking about indoctrination through media (tv, news, movies, schools...). I had to wonder do all of those sources sometimes influence our thoughts and ideas on what is appropriate or what is not. If like Oscar Wilde said, "life imitates art far more than art imitates life", what are we imitating from that art?

Page : 1 2