Author Thread: How would you have responded?
Admin

How would you have responded?
Posted : 22 Dec, 2021 05:07 AM

What would you think if one of your long term female friends asked you: "How come you haven't been hitting on me yet?"

What would you have responded? How would you have reacted?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2021 05:37 PM

How would I respond to a long term female friend asking why I hadn’t started hitting on her yet (I’m assuming your use of “hitting on” implies a slang for romantic interest).

My responses would most likely vary from one individual and situation to another.

For example, I may consider some friends out of the question as future romantic interests and I would feel free to communicate that to a friend who asks.

Then again, I may develop an interest over time in a friend that hadn’t l considered of interest before. If asked, I would feel free to express a level of openness.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2022 03:44 PM

A friend is just that. Though at times that can become something more. That said, I would simply ask, "Is that a hint?" If so keep in mind that I am not looking for that, if you truely were a friend, you would know that.

mhyslip

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2022 05:07 PM

Sometimes there is just no interest, or there are other issues even if there is an interest and they're issues that are bigger than a relationship. Some connections are just simply friendships. Some grow beyond this. Some guys simply won't hit on a friend if they feel there is no mutual connection beyond a friendship and choose to go down the path of respect.

It never hurts to ask, providing you're truly accepting and interested in an honest answer even if it isn't the one you're wanting.

BiblicalPolygyny^

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 09:35 PM

I only do female friends after having explicitly conveyed my desire for marriage.

If she rejects the notion, I will put her in the friend zone until I have learned that she is sexually active with another man.

Once I have confirmation of that, I cut her from every part of my life, never to return.