Author Thread: The Call to Grow in Knowledge
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of a forum where people actually debate biblical topics using scripture-based answers and manage to act like intelligent, reasoning and respectable adults?

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2022 12:08 PM

There is a thread on Christian Dating for Free's Forum titled "Biblical Questions and Discussion." You could try posting on it the specific topic you're interested in.

Are there some specific questions you seek to discuss and find Biblical answers for?

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2022 06:07 PM

I have been there... spent way more time than l should have checking out the conversations... 😒 And so l would have to say that after reading my question, and the standards of decorum l outlined, l'm guessing you haven't been there... lol

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2022 07:29 PM

Kitty, sounds like you oughta join right on in there.

You’re intelligent, well written, have a good sense of humor and you’ve got class!

You’ve got what it takes!! Come to biblical!! 😀

Not only that, you’re interested in the Bible and I think you have things worth sharing! So get yourself over there

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2022 09:16 AM

No, I have not been to that particular thread other than briefly looking at it. For Biblical questions, I typically look to my Bible or other books about the Bible.

But if you haven't, try posting a specific question or topic on that thread that you seek a response to.

Enjoy God's blessings, James

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:24 AM

Little David, l appreciate the invite, but l've quietly checked it out a number of times over an extended period of time and l am certain there is nothing there for me.

l don't consider name calling and demeaning other people as individuals, simply because one does not agree with their particular thoughts regarding biblical topics, worthy of being called 'a christian debate'.

l am not trying to be unnecessarily ugly, but what l see there reminds me very much of 3rd grade schoolyard bullying by 2 against 1. That is my truly honest opinion. And it gets reinforced each time l slip in and quietly observe and consider, what is layed out for all the world to see as 'the best each party has to offer'. I, as a believer, find it shameful and childish. These words of mine are not coming from a place of harshness... they are, sadly, my honest appraisal.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:33 AM

Trust me... it's a waste of time. A person gives voice to what resides in their heart... there is nothing of value to be found there.

'Answer not a fool according to his folly, Lest thou also be like unto him.'

Proverbs 26:4 KJV

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:37 AM

To clarify, this comment is solely in reply to JamesEG's comment:

Trust me... it's a waste of time. A person gives voice to what resides in their heart... there is nothing of value to be found there.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:37 AM

To clarify, this comment is solely in reply to JamesEG's comment:

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2022 03:38 PM

You’re not being “ugly” at all. You respectfully stated your opinion and there’s nothing wrong with that.

As scripture says, iron sharpens iron and like you stated in your profile, we are a work in progress.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2022 09:06 AM

As are you... as are we all.

A work in progress. Delightfully,... and sometimes painfully,... so. 😊

'In the day when I cried thou [oh God] answeredst me, And strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: Forsake not the works of thine own hands.'

Psalm 138:3‭, ‬8 KJV

'For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.'

Psalm 92:4 KJV

'If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, Till my change come. Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.'

Job 14:14‭-‬15 KJV

Have a beautiful and blessed day, Little David 🌾

Page : 1 2