Author Thread: The Call to Grow in Knowledge
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of a forum where people actually debate biblical topics using scripture-based answers and manage to act like intelligent, reasoning and respectable adults?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2022 12:47 PM

Still think you could contribute to Biblical forum EVEN if you disagree with me 😊😉

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 07:49 AM

Good morning, David. I do thank you most sincerely for the reply. l went and looked again this morning at the threads in the bible study forum, and again, l was saddened to see what most people would consider 'less than becoming, behavior' of someone trying to convince another, or others, that their opinion/viewpoint has valid points to consider if, and when, that particular person reading the comments, is seeking truth.

l can't be a part of something l feel is embarrassing to Christianity in the way things are being conducted.

l've noticed that many adherents to 'Christianity' seem to not feel the need to conduct themselves in a decorum of behaving as though they know of, and choose to walk, on the path defined as 'the higher ground'.

It was well stated, and unfortunately 'prophetic' in that it is an ongoing problem, that 'people want to stay on the milk and behave as infants rather than learn to be men and women who can behave as mature, propagators of the faith, rather than verbal bullies who behave like 'back-alley thugs'... and who, unfortunately, CLAIM to be CHRISTIANS deserving of respect, for themselves, and the God they profess to represent... There are places that is ground l don't desire to tread upon lest l be tempted to step into lashing out to defend my flesh and feelings, and thereby fall short of properly representing my faith... and respectfully serving my God... before the eyes of others.

'I said, I will take heed to my ways, That I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, While the wicked is before me.' Psalm 39:1 KJV

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2022 08:04 AM

David (l hit send before l finished😣) so...

...and too, concerning such things... it was said:

'Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.' Matthew 12:33‭, ‬35‭-‬37 KJV

'Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: And cause me to understand wherein I have erred. How forcible are right words! But what doth your arguing reprove? Do ye imagine to reprove words, And the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as wind?' Job 6:24‭-‬26 KJV

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and may you be blessed of the Lord in His abiding presence this day... 🌾

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2022 06:23 PM

I would like to ask just a few other questions and discuss a few observations with you on your thread here if you would like.

Page : 1 2