Author Thread: Let's talk
Favoured2023

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 13 Dec, 2022 03:28 AM

How do you know she's the one?

Have come across friends who've married and got married and when you ask them why her! One says,"I just knew." I keep wondering how one really knows when there like 2 others that are serious.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 14 Dec, 2022 09:03 AM

More or less what a person says when they want to marry a particular person. For some people, it’s just an esoteric way of self-confirmation

Sadly some people eventually divorce the one they “knew was the right one”. That usually occurs when the give and take in marriage gets ruff.

Make no mistake, most times the one they “knew was the right person” at the start is most likely STILL the right person but the shallow love at the beginning didn’t grow

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 14 Dec, 2022 10:32 AM

Agree David... that often the person still was the right one.. but sometimes people change beyond recognition in their beliefs and, actions.

As sad as divorce is, sometimes it is the less of two evils.

It's interesting that even non-believers have had those deep encounters and instinctive inclinations. I believe it is somewhat 'common grace' - recognising the right person should not be rocket science (yes I have met some rocket scientists, who thought relationships are way harder than their field.. and of course they're right in many ways!)

.. Maybe today, we live in such a desensitised society that we have lost the honouring of those instincts.. we are taught to look at the outward person, aka money and status.

I know Christian couples who met in their 'BC' days. They sensed God's presence in a special way even though they weren't believers yet.. all the more, a strong reason to pray it would be the case in our churches as well, and people would meet and connect without endless hurdles.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 18 Dec, 2022 11:51 PM

Thank you NG, great post!

Mr_Galen

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 08:59 AM

When you know a person is a sole mate verses a soul mate. No one is perfect so trying to find that perfect someone is futile since you have an incomplete knowledge of the person. But a sole mate, someone who will walk besides you through thick and thin, that's a keeper. Finding that person is tricky though. They have to see you at your best and worst and vice versa. Sometimes that can be unnerving so many people don't make the attempt and settle for a bad match. Does this help to answer your question?

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 09:26 AM

I understand your logic, but I respectfully disagree..

Seeing someone 'at their worst' isn't necessarily a good thing, edifying, or even possible. Much more important would be to ask God for the grace to go through anything and any season that would come.

We cannot effectively know how someone might react during a hurricane, house fire, terrorist attack, etc.... and a host of other, small and large unpleasant challenges.

How could one even conjure up such circumstances as a 'test'?

That is why it is important to seek Gd now, during these smaller challenges, and trust Him for His grace, when the larger ones hit..

Mr_Galen

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 2 Jan, 2023 02:09 PM

You can not know how they will handle big emergencies but you can get an idea by how they handle their anger, their vices, their more base emotions. No one is perfect but you should get an idea how they behave, and how you react to said behavior. Can person be patient when you've had a hard day and snap at them without thinking? Can you. These are the sort of questions. People want a perfect person to handle situations perfectly when they face difficulties but because we are finite creatures, we will never achieve this.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Let's talk
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 06:22 PM

There is a distinction between what we call the right one and what the Bible calls the right one. Not many want to follow what the Bible says is the right one. For example, Exodus 22:16 and Deuteronomy 22:28-29. So even the wrong can be right. But people don't want to follow the Bible anymore. Leviticus 21:7 gives further instruction. From a New Testament point of view believers are to marry other believers. The idea is being equally matched with another believer. There are other examples of being right for another. Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) and Ahab and Jezebel (1 Kings) seem right for each other and as such were partners in crime. Many will be the partners in crime through these sites.