Author Thread: Should I just ignore him
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Should I just ignore him
Posted : 4 Feb, 2023 06:20 PM

I work with this guy and I work with a group of about 7 or 8 people. I noticed that when this guy helped me when needed, he acted kind of short with me. He has touched my arm twice before lightly, I do catch him staring at me a few times, and we've talked but usually when we are alone.

When I am around my coworkers, he will outright ignore me. One time, he talked to one person and then another and asked her plans. When I talk to him, he will get distracted while we are talking and say hi to others but we'll still talk shortly. So I started to ignore him and said forget it. He then noticed it I guess and said hi to me and my coworker both so I decided to give it another chance but again he acts very quiet around me but talks very little not as outgoing I guess.

Am I just imagining things or is he ignoring me? And should I just continue to ignore him?

MyPrince2023^

View Profile
History
Should I just ignore him
Posted : 16 Feb, 2023 09:43 PM

I'm a rookie for this post however, I would dare throw my hat in this ring .

For starters, I speak from an egalitarian perspective that contends for Total gender Equality on love, dating, and marital matters - as well as on social, religious, political, business, etc. So, from the egalitarian lens, I think that you, the woman, should level up and approach a man that is giving you so many subliminal messages. We men are driven by our visual perceptions, and most of us prioritize the love language of physical touch and quality time. I see the guy in your narrative advancing those languages and deeply worried about being rejected if he verbalizes that message. He's prob being over-cautious.

Anyways, contrary to some of my co-contributors above, I dare affirm that love CANNOT be restricted or barred at the workplace - the potential risk notwithstanding. The human heart wants what it wants, where it wants it. We can't stifle that.

If you fall for a coworker, there are lots of options - one or both of you could quit (i.e. if there's concern for work place squabbles and such like). I've had two top managers at my former job in Houston, TX fall in love and quit simultaneously to live happily ever after. Alternatively, it is also a sound recommendation to simply reciprocate the friendship with cordiality if (in your feminine judgment) you discern that the whole thing isn't skin deep. Overall, if you feel that butterfly vibes in your tummy for a guy, come on girl, GO FOR IT!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Should I just ignore him
Posted : 21 Feb, 2023 11:02 AM

That last sort of advice sounds like a recipe you can use to get fired from your job with.

I guess if you don’t like your job—GO FOR IT‼️🤣

Page : 1 2