Author Thread: Should wive's be allowed to?
Handyman62

View Profile
History
Should wive's be allowed to?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2024 06:56 PM

Should a wife be allowed to wear whatever type of clothes she want's?

Should a wife be allowed to go wherever she want's?

Should a wife be allowed to have to be friends with anybody she want's?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 12:42 AM

Yes is the answer to all three questions she’s your wife not your child…:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 02:05 AM

Thank you Jayzeee.

I have another question. Is a husband expected or obligated to protect his wife?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 07:23 AM

I would say both a husband & wife relationship is one of two equals, where you both have certain roles none of which is parent & child…:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 11:18 AM

You didn't answer the question and of course that's your choice. But evading the question doesn't change the fact that husbands are expected to protect their wives and children and are willing to do that at the drop of a hat, even to the point of sacrificing his own life.

It's funny that you brought up women not being children and of course when a woman turns 18 she is considered an adult. But most adult women do very childish things, and because of that need to be protected from their childish actions.

Spiritually in God's eyes men & women are equal. On the earth we are not equal and God put men over women for good reason. Women are far more prone to making rash decisions due to their emotional instability and proof of that is plain to see when one looks objectively at how women are acting in this modern world and the more perceived freedoms they get, the more they put themselves in bondage to worldly things.

Once a woman becomes attached to a man she is under the protection of that man. Claiming she can wear, go or hang out with whoever or otherwise do whatever she wants is a worldly mindset, not a Godly one.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 01:07 PM

I did answer I said both a husband is expected & obligated to protect his wife…:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2024 02:02 PM

Maybe that was an example of a a women expecting a man to read her mind because other than your last message you didn't actually write that.

So for future reference. I can't read minds so please use the alphabet to construct words in the English language and write things out for me.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2024 10:37 AM

And you clearly don’t read English too well otherwise you would of read my answer no mind reading required…:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2024 01:58 PM

" And you clearly don’t read English too well otherwise you would of read my answer no mind reading required…:-) "

De-nial is not a river in Egypt. It is however the typical tactic of a women with very little self awareness.

silver761

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 09:22 PM

Weird questions. I think, we need to study the person we are about to marry, and if we notice that he or she dresses a certain way or has questionable friends, then we should address that before marriage. After marriage, you should know her style, her friends, her favorite places, favorite stores, hobbies, etc. There shouldn't be huge surprises, you know.

That said, if her behavior changes suddenly, and she starts hanging out with different friends, starts wearing different clothes, etc, then that should be addressed. You need to talk about each other, about how you think, how you believe, how your views are evolving. If you never talk, then surprises can happen.

I am not the same person I was at age 11. I have changed a lot in beliefs and behavior. And I am 42 right now, but I will be a different person at age 73. So, we all evolve and go through changes. But if someone is married, it's important to talk about how we are changing and keep each other updated and involved in the process so we don't grow apart but grow together.

That way you don't even have to ask these questions whether a wife should be allowed to wear whatever clothes she wants. I mean this is assuming that you don't like her clothes. If I was married and I didn't like her clothes, I would tell her which clothes I like most and which look good on her in my opinion. I would let her know which ones look great on her. But the question assumes that a husband and wife are in some sort of a controlling-servant relationship. That's not how an ideal marriage looks like. Some marriages are like that. But ideally, you shouldn't have to ask if it's okay to allow a wife to whatever... In an ideal marriage, she should be allowed to do whatever she wants to do. Don't worry, she is not going to do anything crazy. Just let her live.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2024 01:18 AM

Silver what a refreshing read on my morning commute to work…:-)

Page : 1 2