Author Thread: Speed Dating
silver761

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 08:19 PM

Tonight I attended a speed dating event in my city. I think, I talked to about 15 different women. Only about half of them were Christian. Most of them were not what I am looking for. There was one lady who had potential. It was a fun event but I was a bit nervous or tense the whole time, because it was the first time I ever attended one of these, and I didn't know what to expect. It was a lot of talking. And by the end, I was exhausted. But it was fun at the same time. It cost $10 per person. It was held at a coffee shop after regular business hours. There were about 50-70 people in the room. Some were on the porch. Each women was seated at a table. The tables had numbers. And each person received a sheet with a list of persons that he or she is supposed to talk to. So, you had to talk to X number of people. The whole time was divided into 5-minute sections. They rang a bell when the five minutes was up, and then the guys had to get up and search for the next lady in the room. (The ladies were seated the whole time. Only the men got up and rotated.) The table numbers were in random order, so it took me awhile to find the next person. It was enjoyable, fun, and interesting. Overall I had a positive experience. But it was also exhausting at the same time. I am an introvert, and I usually don't talk to so many strangers.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:13 AM

I think Jesus should be our only soul mate.

silver761

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:42 PM

LittleDavid, speed dating does not mean that you marry someone after a 5-minute conversation. Speed dating is just like inviting someone for a coffee ("regular date"), but it is limited to 5 minutes. In 5 minutes, you have to ask specific questions that allow you to find out if you want to talk to this individual more or not. If yes, you both let the organizer know, so she will let you know that you have matched. If not, then it's like a blind date. You don't know who you were talking to (except their first name) and in a big city, you probably will not find that individual, so this is probably even safer than a regular date, because you don't have exchange contact information. It's more like a blind date where you remain anonymous for the most part if you are not a match. You can find out if you're a match based on the questions you ask. So, for example, in 5 minutes, I always ask if they're a Christian. What denomination? What do they do for a living? Do they have kids? Were they ever married before? You can ask what's their favorite color, but this won't reveal whether they are a really good match or not. See? So, 5 minutes. Keep it short. I like it because this way we're not wasting each other's time.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 8 May, 2024 08:37 PM

Thanks. Sounds interesting

Page : 1 2