Author Thread: What should I do.....??
stormcountry33

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 07:39 AM

Not sure if this is technically the proper place to ask this question, but I'm here now and I'm sure that it won't matter to anyone if I'm not in the right place....

I have recently left the church I grew up in to kind of "test the waters" that are around me. In other words I've been attending another church of a friend. There has been a lot of disagreements between myself, pastor, and leaders of the church that I grew up in that are based in theology. If you read my article in Biblical Questions that is titled "Adam and Eve alone?", you'll see one example of what I'm talking about. Anyway, to get to the issue at hand...the new church that I'm attending does not offer a bible study class. My old church does and starting tomorrow they are going to be starting a study on a topic that interest me a lot...the end times/ the rapture. So my question is, do I attend the bible study or for fear of possible tension arising do I step aside??

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 06:23 PM

dear vision, welcome to the forums..

and storm i always say pray hard and alot and then follow your heart on these types of things.. and it seems you already have..

ole cattle

Linnie41

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 10:42 PM

I think it's wonderful that you've found a church that you're happy in. I also think it's wonderful that you were able to put things aside and focus on learning more about God.

But one thing I noticed is that you said the new church doesn't have a Bible study. Could that possibly be why God led you there? Because He feels you're knowledgeable enough and strong enough in the Word and your faith to start one? It doesn't even have to be held at the church - you could take turns holding it in people's homes that decide to join. Just a thought - there's a gap there, and maybe you were sent to fill it.

Blessings

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 12:00 AM

dear linnie, hey lady its good to see ya again.. you make a good point there..

ole cattle

Linnie41

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 01:07 AM

Thanks, Cattle - I needed to regroup and get some one on one time in with God - no distractions. Good to be back.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:34 AM

Linnie, thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate the thought of my possible knowledge of the Word, I think it would be great to be involved in a bible study, I just don't feel like I could successfully lead one. I do feel that studying the Word is very important. Thanks again for your thoughts!

dillon27

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 03:33 PM

i dont go to a church currently though i study and hear sermons greatly every day, thats my church. have you heard Chuck Missler? or Kent Hovind also Fritz springmeir and Dr. Scott johnson. different in depth studies on topics many churches /pastors seem a bit afraid to speak of in th e pulpit. most of the m 20-40 and more years of faithful study and prayer. also, let ppl say wht they will, and in my case, the church only hindered a true closeness with God. witih prayer God says he who diolligently prays and seeks the word shall find. GOD BLESS! btw, studying, i opened the bible to the exact page of teh verse(and my gaze went right to the verse) when i was dilligently studying end times and return of the nephilim of genesis Ch.6 (as in the days of noah) -zack

View Profile
History
What should I do.....??
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 06:08 PM

the only way i would go if your really strong and stand firm in what you believe in. and to show others they are wrong or right. but if your not that strong you might be caught in what you believe in. i had friend that tested the waters and try find other believers but he found a believer thats was using the bible in there own benefits he didnt realize it until i pointed out scriuptures thats the other believer believe in there own benefits and finally he got away from that believer. those are the ones that are a black sheep when they used the bible for there own benefits. its scared world out there. now days you really need to now what the scriptures really mean so you wont be that lost black sheep like alot people that are out there.

Page : 1 2