Author Thread: How to deal with the ex's new significant others?
Admin

How to deal with the ex's new significant others?
Posted : 4 Mar, 2011 09:03 PM

Hi everyone, I am a single mom to a 7yo daughter. My ex cheated with the woman he is still with and she has 2 kids which have recently started calling him daddy. He is always with the woman and her kids. It bothers my daughter that she has to be around them all the time and that her kids call him daddy. She has tried to tell him before that it bothers her, instead of taking her feelings to heart he dismisses them and try to tell her that she has to share. He claims our daughter is the most important thing in his life but i findthat hard to believe b.c he doesnt do things just the 2 of them, whenever he calls he has the other kids in the background clamouring for his attention. I dont have any idea what to do! Has anyone be in a situation like this that can shed some light?

friendshipfrst1

View Profile
History
How to deal with the ex's new significant others?
Posted : 25 Mar, 2012 08:45 PM

I have been in the situaton of trying to gain my step daughters trust ..very tough to deal with when you have the mom of the child not letting go of the past...and therefore , the child feels obligated to the mom (loyalty).

my husbands ex cheated on him and instead of wanting him to be happy , wrecked our marriage our happiness through her children which I felt was wrong and unfair to me. he was divorced 3 yrs from his ex before he married me.

My son who has autism , bonded quickly with my husband and now wonders why he sent us from texas to ohio..I filed for a divorce because there was no way I could fight against his ex like that . It was unfair to me , him and his kids the way his ex took advantage of the situation.

I know you may feel justified in your feelings of her but give her a chance as long as there is no abuse involved ,let your ex and his new wife live their life. I really loved his kids but was accused by his ex as a bad example for the kids when I cared about them like I did my own son. I was robbed by his ex from bonding with my new husband because she felt our marri7age was such a disapointment to her. she even texted me that.

I will be praying God impart His knowlage and wisdom on how to deal with the sitatuation ...many blessings FF

Page : 1 2