Author Thread: What do you guys think about women preachers?
ervindine^

View Profile
History
What do you guys think about women preachers?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 12:59 AM

As for me the Bible is quite clear.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man but she must be in silence for it is shameful for a woman to speak in church". "As also the law says".

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 05:34 AM

God calls whom He will.

Study the Whole Bible don't just pick out parts you like.

Some men on this forum aren't teachers they think they are like LD

God calls men who aren't prideful.

This is a Discussions Forum on a Dating Site open to all members.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 08:00 AM

"Some men on this forum aren't teachers they think they are like LD"

will you two just stop it, your behavior isn't christian at all. God doesn't call us to fight among one another.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 08:33 AM

Yes the Bible very clear on men being above women in Church and in many other aspect of life. Women can teach other women and also children but not men.

The wisdom of that is very clear when one looks at how women have acted in the past and especially how they act in these modern times.

Women have been given freedoms equal to and above men and for the most part have been doing a good job of destroying many aspects of modern civilization with their actions.

Women are not equipped to face the world without the filter of a man before them. They see the world through the lens of their emotions which makes them very susceptible to outside manipulation.

Men on the other hand see the world through a logical lens and tend to see things as more black & white which allows them to more clearly see the truth in most situations.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 11:07 AM

šŸ’”šŸ’” The Greek for ā€œhusband of one wifeā€ is found in these verses

1 Timothy 3:2, ā€œandra mias gunaikosā€; andra = man/husband; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

1 Timothy 3:12, ā€œandres mias gynaikosā€; andres = men/husbands; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

Titus 1:6, ā€œaner mias gunaikosā€; aner = man/husband; mias = of one; gynaikos = woman/wife

In other words, each is saying a ā€œman of one woman,ā€ or a ā€œone-woman man.ā€ Notice that the biblical instruction is that the elders, bishops, overseers must be men. ā€˜Andra,ā€™ ā€˜andresā€™, and ā€˜anerā€™ all are cognates of the same word in Greek meaning man, husband. In each case, the one who is an elder, deacon, bishop, or overseer is instructed to be male2. He is the husband of one wife (ā€˜aner mias gunaikas,ā€™ ā€˜man of one womanā€™), responsible, able to ā€œexhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict,ā€ (Titus 1:9). We see no command for the overseers to be women. On the contrary, women are told to be ā€œdignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things,ā€ (1 Timothy 3:11). Why is it that it is the men who are singled out as the overseers? It is because of the created order of God that Paul references (Gen. 1-2; 1 Timothy 2:12-14). This is not merely a social custom that fell away with ancient Israel.

ervindine^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 12:37 PM

Absolutely true.

ervindine^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 12:38 PM

I completely agree. Are you really homeless if I may ask ?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 01:57 PM

Thereā€™s NO SUCH a thing as a woman preacher in the Bibleā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļø PERIODā€¼ļøā€¼ļøā€¼ļø

Any woman who rebelliously assumes the role of a preacher or elder in the congregation of the saints is a false teacher.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 02:27 PM

But I better speak to the Deborah preacher fallacy.

Deborah was the humble prophetess and only female judge over Israel.

I must speak about Deborah because thereā€™s always going to be some desperado in search for some hidden excuse to prop up the fallacy of women preachers.

But Anyone reading the text can see why God used a this humble woman as judge over rebellious Israel at that time. Contrary to godless feminist wanna be preachers of today, she never asserted herself or demanded recognition as judge or prophetess. She was, nevertheless, an exceptionally wise woman and her wisdom was sought after.

The fact God saw fit to use a woman in this capacity at this time in Israelā€™s history was a rebuke to a constantly rebel nation and its male leadership who were in the habit of turning their backs on God. This is why Israel needed so many rescuing judgesā€¼ļøā€¼ļø

Isaiah 3:12 Childish leaders oppress my people, and women rule over them. O my people, your leaders mislead you; they send you down the wrong road.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 01:34 PM

Yes I've been homeless for four and a half years now

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 06:38 PM

There was a rich ā€œ7 figureā€ philanthropist, on the forums, whoā€™s been giving away 90% of his wealth to help the poor because he ā€œcanā€™t stand being so richā€.

Did he contact you?

Page : 1 2