Author Thread: What do you guys think about women preachers?
ervindine^

View Profile
History
What do you guys think about women preachers?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2023 12:59 AM

As for me the Bible is quite clear.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man but she must be in silence for it is shameful for a woman to speak in church". "As also the law says".

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 06:39 PM

I mean, that’s what he’s been saying anyway

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 06:52 PM

"I mean, that’s what he’s been saying anyway"

The more I interacted with him the less I believe he is what he claims to be.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2024 11:55 AM

I believe that every Christian should be an evangelist. Regardless of gender, we should be speaking about Jesus and discussing Jesus and the Bible with others as to bring more to Jesus. I do think it is okay for women to do somethngs in church. I do not think that women should be absolutely silent in church. I think it is okay for women to sing in church and that women have their place in church. Exodus 15:21 Miriam sang to them: “Sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted. Both horse and driver he has hurled into the sea.” So I believe women can have a ministry of music. I do not believe that women should be pastors. More than half those in seminary are women. There is a great void of men for pastors. So many churches would be without pastors without a woman pastor. I think it is okay for women to read the scriptures for the day to the congregation. I agree with all Bible points brought up here. Priscilla was very much a vocal messenger of the Gospel and advertised Jesus. She certainly gained the attention of the church and helped to expand the church. She got deserved mention in the Bible. As Esther was recognized in the Old Testament, so Priscilla is recognized in the New Testament. Both earn mention. Both earn recognition. Priscilla definitely proclaimed Jesus. I think many Christian men would be happy to have a Christian wife like Priscilla who helps to evangelize the world for Jesus Christ. I think it is alright for women to have their own Bible studies and to have women groups. But doctrinally, I might wonder about anything that comes from women. Knowing what the Bible teaches (expressly the New Testament teachings to the church), I have never been entirely comfortable with female pastors. They exist, but should they exist. While it is said, there is neither male nor female, on earth, there is both. We all have our roles. I do not feel that women should displace the role of men. I have heard sermons from both. I have heard errors preached by both. I have heard good sermons preached by both. But I do not think women should be pastors. Definitely, I do not think any should be priests. But I definitely believe that women have their place in the church and some women are better Christians than most of us men and we can use more women like that.

Page : 1 2