Author Thread
T0TH3M4X

View Profile
TO ARGUE OR NOT TO ARGUE
Posted : 3 May, 2020 07:41 AM

David,

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I'm familiar with ICR. I think sometimes they are spot on, but other times they can do a disservice when they run with ideas and start saying, "This is it", when it may not have been. The Bible is a basis for knowledge and wisdom, but it doesn't tell us everything, which is fine. It doesn't need to. It reveals God, and who He is, and shares about His love and desire for a relationship with us. To me, that is always "enough." I don't have to know how old the earth or universe is. There are indications, but the Bible doesn't really say. However, when you see numbers pushed out there, then we end up doing the same thing we may be trying to oppose, by trying to substantiate something we can't substantiate. That's why I like to lean on what the Bible does actually tell us. Sure, I can discuss and suppose how things might've played out, but first and foremost, I want people to know that no matter what, Jesus loves them.

I'm sure you've had your share of battles. I think it's true for most of us. I just have grown weary from them over the years, and I don't like who I become sometimes when I have to put that face on. I like everybody, and my hope is that we can all share in God's love and focus on what is common to all of us. We believers are all brothers and sisters in Christ. That makes you my brother, and that means you're part of my family. God bless you brother.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
TO ARGUE OR NOT TO ARGUE
Posted : 2 May, 2020 09:17 PM

David,

As an individual, I've been in battles all my life. Was a soldier in the U.S. Army,, then went to Bible college and it was always debating over science, politics and religion. When I got out, I was working out in the community with clients who had severe mental disorders and always dealing with battles trying to help them. In the past 2 years of my live I've come to a place where I believe God would have me rest from the battles and I think it's good to just have peace with people. No locking horns. Just giving people my best, hopefully, and trying to be a light to others. I think when you've seen enough conflict in life, you learn that there are ways around it that don't require much conflict at all. The times I have been in arguments, a lot of times I came out feeling bad even if I wasn't necessarily wrong. There was something more important at stake, that being a relationship with someone. It's more important to me now to surround myself with friends and family than to pursue "arguments" and potentially alienate people. I'll get into discussions sometimes, and I can hit that thin line between a discussion and an argument, but I really try not to pass it.

Always wishing you well my friend. God bless.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
TO ARGUE OR NOT TO ARGUE
Posted : 2 May, 2020 06:21 PM

David,

My first hope would be that you are well. I don't know that I've attempted to single you out or direct you in any certain fashion. A lot of what is said here is conversational and sometimes that involves sharing personal beliefs and convictions. If you disagree with something I say, then I'm not upset, and I'm not trying to force you to change your perspective.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
I reply to almost everyone, it's polite, but what about the 'almost'?
Posted : 2 May, 2020 01:02 PM

I keep zero expectations with anybody I don't know when it comes to dating. You just never know how someone is going to respond, and even if they do respond, sometimes they're not what you thought they would be.

The frustrating part is I don't want to make anybody feel like they're "not good enough", but some women scare me. Even if they mean well, sometimes it's "crazy" meaning well. :)

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
TO ARGUE OR NOT TO ARGUE
Posted : 2 May, 2020 11:28 AM

David,

I think it's "arguing" when you're blatantly trying to best someone or bring them down to push your own idea or agenda, especially when the individual you're conversing with is striking back the same way.

If you're simply discussing what is better, the mountains or the beach, then I see it more as constructive discussion. Both can make valid points why they prefer a certain vacation spot without insisting this has to be "It' for everybody.

This makes me think of the scripture:

Prov 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

The rain doesn't care what you think. It will just keep doing what it's doing until it's done, no matter how much you are annoyed.

If you're in your home and there is a leak with rain dripping through, the next worst thing is a second leak. That is how I see arguing. A wise person will see that first leak, patch it, and move on. That is how I believe our relationships with people should be. We see a gap, we patch it, and move forward.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
I reply to almost everyone, it's polite, but what about the 'almost'?
Posted : 2 May, 2020 11:13 AM

Quick, hide before someone reads what you said. :)

Seriously, I understand where you're coming from. These can be heated topics though.

If you use the app, you'll get hit with more winks and messages. Usually I get a lot of winks from women from Africa. I have no issue with a woman being from Africa, but it's not really in a region I'm looking to date someone from because I'm not planning to fly there anytime soon and it seems a bit far.

Of course I try not to say I won't do something or that it's impossible, or God sometimes will take me out of my comfort zone and put me in that situation.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 2, 2020
Posted : 2 May, 2020 08:33 AM

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
TO ARGUE OR NOT TO ARGUE
Posted : 2 May, 2020 08:32 AM

David,

I think sometimes people change when we approach them kindly or they are more likely to at least hear us out. I believe we must still be honest with our approach, but I would rather make a friend than a foe. Even if they don't agree with me at first, I still haven't destroyed my witness to them, and they may listen to me eventually. It's all about planting seeds.

The truth is, I don't feel good when there's an argument anyway. I would rather feel like I legitimately was able to connect with someone. Also, I'm fine in most cases with the idea of "agreeing to disagree." You can still be a friend, even if the conclusion on a matter is different.

Anyway, just my two cents. God bless.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Health issues
Posted : 1 May, 2020 07:32 PM

I get the Tom's of Maine toothpaste and deodorant, so no toxic metals or fluoride. A lot of that stuff gets filtered out anyway, but still I know there are people that get addicted to it, even people that eat deodorant, then get lapses in their thinking.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
I like a woman so much, but she doesn't know i exist!
Posted : 1 May, 2020 04:30 PM

Zee,

I think you have the right idea and I wish you the best. Better to at least take a chance and see what happens, while keeping her feelings in mind. I think at the very least she will be flattered. You never know though.

Hey, if it don't work, at least you can hang out with the rest of us and fuss about not having a date. :)

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15