Author Thread
T0TH3M4X

View Profile
What does God says in the Bible about divorce and remarriage ?
Posted : 10 May, 2020 08:52 AM

Matt 7:1-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 10, 2020
Posted : 10 May, 2020 08:48 AM

Eze 19:2-3 And say, What is thy mother? A lioness: she lay down among lions, she nourished her whelps among young lions. And she brought up one of her whelps: it became a young lion, and it learned to catch the prey; it devoured men.

Happy Mother's Day!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 9, 2020
Posted : 9 May, 2020 11:19 PM

Great insight. Thanks so much for sharing. God bless. :)

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 9, 2020
Posted : 9 May, 2020 04:53 AM

Psalm 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Posted : 8 May, 2020 04:56 PM

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

We are all sinners. Some try harder than others not to sin, but all the same, we can all sin and do at some point. Even David, a man after God's own heart was caught in various sins. It's not about the sin though. It's about the repentance and humbling ourselves before God. He knows we mess up, but He has grace, and that is enough to hold us.

Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 8, 2020
Posted : 8 May, 2020 07:01 AM

Rev 3:7-13 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Posted : 8 May, 2020 06:55 AM

Luke 18:10-14 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 7, 2020
Posted : 7 May, 2020 12:07 PM

Thanks for sharing. Obviously I don't know when, but it seems people are being primed for this kind of thing. What will we do if next month we're told we need to be checked for a virus and marked if we want to be allowed to go to the grocery store? And even if it isn't "The MARK", it could be a primer for what is to come.

The whole idea in itself could cause both desensitization for those who might not care and discord for those who would fight it.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2020 12:03 PM

I think it goes deeper than that because there is reconciliation.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

So if you divorced as an unbeliever, I believe you are not bound by a previous marriage.

Matt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

If we look at it deeper, we can see God is divorced.

Jer 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

So God divorced from Israel, yet it's still His chosen elect.

Romans 11:26

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Israel and Judah are both looked at as "fornicators", and the word "Harlot" is descriptive of them.

Really, it's a matter that demands prayer and serious consideration before you decide to marry or remarry. This in itself was one of the problems that happened during the times when the scripture in Matt was spoken. Men were putting away (divorcing) their wives for anything they felt like dismissing them for, so the women were being shamed by them and they would just get a new wife.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 7, 2020
Posted : 7 May, 2020 09:00 AM

Rev 13:16-17 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

-

I feel like over the past several months we've been stepping closer to this type of system. All around the world people are being told where they can and can't go and where they can shop or spend their time out in public. Hundreds of people can gather in a Walmart, but only a handful in a church, and in some places you can be arrested for walking through a park.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12