Author Thread
T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Question about chickens and relationship...
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 05:12 PM

So if I'm raising roosters and chickens, and two of them fall in love, is it okay for them to be unequally yolked?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Changing Last Names
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 05:06 PM

I think a lot of women look forward to changing their name. Not because they don't like their maiden name, but it's a marker of a significant change. Some ladies cant wait to become Mrs. (Insert last name here). I think it's also a way of saying "I'm taken." But hey, I get it. Someone may not like it, as such in your case. I think nowadays it's fairly common for people to combine last names.

Just my two cents. Could be wrong I suppose. :)

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
**THERE ARE ONLY TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND *ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING TO CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 02:37 PM

prophetic, yes and no. I can't say I carry around a calculator making sure I precisely give 10 percent and that it drops straight into the hands of someone who is poor. I do believe tithing is important, but the tithe is an offering to God, and isn't directed specifically towards poor people, as I don't see that it needs to be. If it can raise a new church, pay bills for ministry, or whatever else, then I'm all for it. If it buys someone a loaf of bread who can't afford it, then I'm all for it.

So here is my question to you. Why be the guy who goes around telling everybody they're wrong?

When you take on that role, you become a person others ignore or even loathe. There's little value in that type of relationship. You change people by loving on them. Then once you're there, they are more likely to listen to you.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
How many cats is too many?
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 02:30 PM

Right, with my luck her last name will be something like "Glitter" as well. That would be a fun one introducing her to others.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
**THERE ARE ONLY TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND *ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING TO CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**
Posted : 17 Oct, 2019 07:36 AM

So who do the poor give their tithes to? Other poor people?

Tithing is an act of faith before our God who can multiply it infinitely if He chooses.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 10:19 PM

Nonsense being mixed with scripture.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
How many cats is too many?
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 09:17 PM

None of us guys want to run into the "crazy cat lady" with cats hanging out of her beehive hairdo, so what should be the limit be? For me it's:

1 cat = All is fine and dandy

2 cats = Wow great, she's an animal lover

3 cats = Okay, scary but can still make this work but.

4 cats = Sorry, I can't go out. Gotta wash my hair, paint the mailbox, and update my sticker album.

5 cats = Help!

So is this unreasonable?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 09:08 PM

There are scriptures that say we are responsible for whatever we vow to God, but it doesn't really matter how you want to label it. Contract, covenant, vow, etc... When we make it, it is before God and we are held to it.

From the Sermon on the Mount:

Matt 5:33-37 Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Num 30:2 If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.

Best thing is to not go out of your way to make agreements, especially if you don't intend to keep them. I believe that applies to marriage. Sure, something can go seriously wrong, but I don't think anybody seriously goes into a relationship thinking nothing can go wrong. All of us can go in with best intent, but it requires two people to uphold it.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
What is your favorite flower?
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 08:43 PM

I like sunflowers to and have thought about planting them along the outside of my fence. One of the reasons I go with Marigolds is I like that they draw a lot of bumblebees. I truly enjoy watching them and they don't seem to mind me being nearby, as long as I don't bother them

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 07:38 AM

Luke 18:11-14 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Yes, we should help others and tithing is an act of faith before God, but raging at people not doing it isn't likely to change them. When you confront someone about something, it's always good to ask, "Am I solving a problem by this or creating one?"

Page : 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96