Author Thread: Why are almost all profiles so lazy?
FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Why are almost all profiles so lazy?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 11:47 AM

"itsjustme"

"hee hee silly meee"

[I like doing things that people who are alive do and will convey this in a single sentence profile]

[something else vapid]

Especially of there is not 10 photos of you looking aesthetically appealing (making it obvious what kind of response you are primarily after).... what kind of response do you actually expect to attract like this?

There is nothing in these profiles that gives any man any reason to contact any of you whatsoever.... except for a handful of really impressive woman who unfortunately are so far away from me it would never work out which annoys me.... everything nice is out of reach... but that's besides the point.

What's the point of putting yourself on display only to hide yourself? God won't do every single thing for you, you have to at least put in minimal effort.... am I wrong?

Any (almost) woman can get a man.... just show up naked and someone will grab you out of oppertunism. What kind of man do you actually want to attract?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 12:27 PM

Most men like to look at photos on date sites .

Some don't even message Women just look at photos.

This site is terrible for that because it's a Free site and hundreds of men come because of that .

I don't have to have a photo because I message Men I am interested in especially on here .

Some reply some don't. But I have a private picture.

I'm not limited to one dating site.

I found some much better in communicating with Men.

I'm. Not looking for a spouse so I'm just making friends and getting to know the man in dating.

Men run from desperate women dating to marry.

I've had 2 proposals in person and I'm and older women.

Dating online is not for everyone.

Lol

Photo sre a plus only if the man is attracted to it .

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 01:39 PM

If you don't date to marry, you are either playing a game or being emotionally promiscuous. Sure no unless a man is attracted to a woman physically he won't care what's in the profile.... But if there is almost nothing in the profile why would he bother to contact her unless he's just looking for something physical. Most men don't use dating sites for anything not in some way connected to carnality.... There are other places for men to find friends if that is what they want.

You are basically explaining why online dating is a waste of time, woman don't treat it seriously and men don't treat it honestly.

At this point after all these years if nothing happens soon I am just going to stop even trying. I'm basically done trying. I'm tired of children pretending to be grownups and and selfish fools using others for fantasy fulfillment, this isn't fun for me it's a frustration and I have no interest in being anyone's entertainment. Insanity is repeating something constantly and expecting different results.

It's better being alone than being someone's dog doing tricks for them so that they can call you a good boy. I'm just too tired of all the nonsense.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 02:15 PM

I can enjoy dating when it happens because I'm single and divorced and Older my age group.

Young people

Shouldn't be hard to meet someone to Date.

Dating doesn't include Sex and doesn't have to with the right people.

Men I date my age group most don't play games .

Most cannot get a young woman unless they have $$$ even if they trying.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 02:26 PM

Many men I've chatted with say only scammers contact them and women they message and like won't reply.

šŸ˜

Imo

Probably because they contacted women who are not interested in them , physically or age .

Too too picky keeps them single both men and women.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2024 03:15 PM

Im speaking about in USA dating. Not sure what people do in other countries. I have noticed Many on here are trying to get spouses from USA.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2024 05:04 PM

I can't speak for men's profiles but I do whole heartedly agree about the lack of information in women's profiles. And yes it's very lazy of them but I put a lot of the blame for that on the multitude of men that message these vapid women. All that does is boost theses women's egos to the point where they believe they're Gods gift to men.

Men have got to step back and stop being desperate simps to women. What most men fail to grasp is that most women beginning in the sixty's stopped caring about what men want and started focusing only on themselves and their carnal needs.

Gone are the days when a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate was seen as attractive to women. Nowadays men who put women on pedestal are seen as weak and unattractive by women. Oh sure some will say otherwise but then turn around and run to the men who are bad boys that treat them like dirt.

Since I have been on this site I have never sent a message to a woman first. IF I see a woman's profile that has enough information that shows possible compatibility then I will message first, otherwise they get bupkis.

Marti60^

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jan, 2024 06:02 AM

One womanā€™s perspective:

I whole-heartedly agree with the frustration. You guys only see the womenā€™s profiles, obviously. I assure you that it goes the same way with the menā€™s profiles that I encounter. Not just here, but also on other dating sites. Vast Number of Profiles: 1 photo in the gym, if a photo is there at all. Interests: ā€œAsk me.ā€ (Really, guy? Youā€™re gonna make me do ALL the work in this relationship? Sorry. Nope. Thatā€™s exhausting, and a waste of my time.)

But, in the midst of this shallow wasteland appears the occasional real guy who is willing to put in the effort, to give us women Something to go by. Granted, those things might not be what Iā€™m looking forā€” but isnā€™t that the point? To help us all, men and women, to find our way through the crowds, to our kind of people, so we can narrow it down from there?

From my perspective, Iā€™ve begun to realize that most of the men (the 1/3 that arenā€™t bots or scammers) who contact me are doing so based solely on my photo. Again, I speak of all dating sites. My first response has been: ā€œThank you for reaching out. Have you read my profile yet?ā€ After which, I often donā€™t hear from them again.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

So, why are almost all profiles so lazy? All I can conclude is that these people are really, really poor communicators , not serious, way too shallow, way too confident that all should flock to them based on whatever crumbs they offer, or truly just lazy. All of which say to me, ā€œMove right on by.ā€

All that said, DONā€™T GIVE UP! God can guide us to our people, whether on the web or in the grocery store. If weā€™re His kids, Heā€™s got this. Sincerelyā€” Marti

KaylayMcD

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2024 01:12 PM

Guys read profile? Really?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2024 06:17 AM

Who cares whether a profile is short or long? Some are well-worded with few words. Some are well-worded with many. But the more one says, the more revealed and it is not good that all that information is out there. So, it is one's personal prerogative. I do not expect much content, but short or long, I choose to read the profiles. I am happiest with the one's that post an age range that excludes me. That saves me a lot of time. I am happiest with them.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 12:42 AM

For me less is more when it comes to profiles. I just need enough information to know whether Iā€™d like to have a conversation. There has to be a balance I donā€™t want no information but I also donā€™t want to read an autobiography ā€œjust sayingā€ā€¦:-)

Page : 1 2